Author Topic: Old Wombat's Crab  (Read 819 times)

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Re: Old Wombat's Crab
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2021, 03:09:03 PM »
As promised, WiP pic's! :smiley:

Plus a couple with the base of the "appliance" fitted;

Thanks for your patience! :icon_alabanza:

Guy
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline LemonJello

• MARPAT Master
  • Member number 100...WooHoo!!!
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2021, 08:23:27 PM »
Oh, this is just seven flavors of awesome!  That hull screams to me "HOVERTANK" of some sort.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2021, 09:08:51 PM »
I found myself playing with it for several hours, when I first put it together, mentally converting it into numerous different types of spaceship, ground vehicle, hover vehicle & shuttle. I think every sci-fi modeller should have at least one of these in their stash! ;)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2021, 10:17:59 PM »
From the WIP images that looks like an easy + fun build so far.  :smiley:
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2021, 12:02:01 AM »
Man, those tracks! I have this kit in 1/35 as well as 1/72. It's a great shape for many other whif designs!

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2021, 05:16:02 PM »
I have to say that the tracks were less hassle than I thought they'd be, probably because they're not "workable".

The hard part was rummaging through the parts bin for the various greeblies added externally to make it "not the Object 279". ;)

More to come, of course, but so far I'm happy. :smiley:

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2021, 09:55:47 PM »
Looks very cool just like that.  8)
If you don't feel like building the excavator parts, all it needs now is a clear plastic dome and some NASA decals.  :smiley:
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2021, 04:55:16 PM »
Thanks, Moritz, but I'd like to get something done for the GB it's being built for ... I am moderating, after all, so I should at least try. ;)

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
  • The man has paddle wheels on the brain...
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2021, 06:39:18 PM »
Thats looking really cool.

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2021, 08:17:33 PM »
Thanks, mate! :smiley:

Offline apophenia

• Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #35 on: Yesterday at 01:48:53 AM »
Looking good and I'm looking forward to the excavator parts.

Still ... looking at that 3/4 front view, this hull just screams low-slung, super-fast armoured riverine warfare craft! Maybe next time?
"I dared to ask for sunshine, and I got World War three
I'm looking over the wall and they're looking at me!"

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #36 on: Yesterday at 06:44:22 AM »
Certainly taking shape.

Like others, what a shape, so versatile. My mind's eye saw a Planetary exploration vehicle with those side shots.
Now eagerly awaiting the main event, the Multi arm business

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #37 on: Yesterday at 06:21:44 PM »
Thanks, guys! :icon_alabanza: :icon_alabanza:

Start of the arm unit has been delayed due to work but, maybe, tonight. ;)

Only had the one kit of this, probably will be the only one I have. So, unless I have an extremely spare $60-$70 floating around next time they become available, it's not likely there'll be a "next time" for me & the Object 279.

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #38 on: Today at 02:58:23 AM »
There's the Takom Object 279 in 1/72. There are two tanks in the box, although the tracks are link and length.

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #39 on: Today at 09:27:22 AM »
Too small for me. ;)