Author Topic: 1/35 Diorama Base  (Read 987 times)

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Re: 1/35 Diorama Base
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2019, 09:48:57 AM »
Man, that really works! :D
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2019, 11:14:58 AM »

Yes it does - excellent  :smiley:

Offline Ramba

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2019, 10:28:04 PM »

Yes it does - excellent  :smiley:

Thank you! Finished up some smaller detail painting just now. Need to clear coat it then will update with new photos. I still need to paint the weapons though.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2019, 01:13:16 AM »
Clear coat on to protect the paint. The camera flash makes the clear coat look glossier than it really is. The clear is actually semi gloss. The flash also highlights all my crappy hand painting hahahahahaha! Still need to weather the figures then flat coat them. For now, just dry fitting the weapons which as you can see still need painting and also still need to paint the window frame and weather the brick wall.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2019, 07:37:01 AM »
Doesn't look crappy to me, far from it. :smiley:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Ramba

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2019, 09:00:24 AM »
Doesn't look crappy to me, far from it. :smiley:

Thanks! Greatly appreciate your comments.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2019, 09:05:51 AM »
I just realized I forgot the air filter on one side of the gas mask so just added that. I also painted the flamethrower and attached it. I also attached the conduit for the gas feed line. It is a 1mm OD conduit that is stretchy. Black Dog included a resin feed line but it came snapped in the box so I just replaced it with the conduit. It is made for Tamiya racing RC cars.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2019, 10:02:39 AM »
Added a shark mouth to the flamethrower. Finally weathered the brick wall too. I just need to weather the figures and flat coat them.

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2019, 07:30:20 PM »
That shark's mouth's a very cool touch! 8) ;D