Author Topic: Solokov Volkosob  (Read 1271 times)

Re: Solokov Volkosob
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2019, 10:56:59 PM »
I remember reading somewhere that Volkosob is Russian term for a wolf hybrid breed bred by the Russian military to protect the borders.
Oh, the Wolfdog - I didn't know the Russian name of that beast. :smiley:
Which Messerschmitt fighter do you mean?
I guess it was the Bf 219. ??? The one you have shown at the ATF: two engines, 4-guns nose, yellow cowlings.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 08:25:36 AM by Yves Marino »
Yves Marino

Offline tankmodeler

• Wisely picking parts of the real universe 2 ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2019, 12:05:07 AM »
I found the shop too.
Its nice of you to say but I'm not sure my stuff would fit in.

As for the scale I not sure either. Technically its an AFV but it does sort of fly .. maybe 1/41.5 scale  just to average it :)
Well, the scale decision is usually the site owner's call, Mike Fitchenmeyer (I think it's spelled), and he would also ultimately make the call as to whether it "fit" or not into his stable of products. But, to my eye, it would certainly compliment the various styles he has produced.

If you were interested, you could easily submit your designs to him., The worst he can say is "no". And he might say "da".

Paul

Offline kerick

• Responsible for all surrendered booty....Arrrr!!!!
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2019, 12:42:28 AM »
What ever happens Iím going to save those pics and see if I can gather enough parts to attempt to build this if you donít mind. It would probably be 1/35 because of the number of tank parts required. Would the main gun be from an early model T-34?

Offline Small brown dog

• Dwelling too long on the practicalities of such things can drive you mad.
  • Woof!
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2019, 01:34:43 AM »
If you were interested, you could easily submit your designs to him., The worst he can say is "no". And he might say "da".

I'll give it some thought but I get freaky on this sort of thing.
I would have to commit time and effort which could be fun at first and then it may bug the hell out of me. I get asked if I will do commisions or get involved with peoples projects but I once turned a hobby into a business and it screwed it for me on a personal level if that makes any sense. Sounds very pretentious now I read that back but I value my artistic freedom and the time I have to do it in.

What ever happens Iím going to save those pics and see if I can gather enough parts to attempt to build this if you donít mind. It would probably be 1/35 because of the number of tank parts required. Would the main gun be from an early model T-34?

I have no probs with my stuff being used as long as I get a credit for the design and/or a pointer to the orginal concept.
I think it would be great if you did so please go ahead. I have some other non textured renders that might help too. The cannon was not based on anything in particular and a T34 would be ideal I would say.
Its not that its not real but it could be that its not true.

Offline Robomog

• Would you buy a used kit from this man?
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2019, 02:30:31 AM »
Just translated  "Я пукнул! Я признаюсь!"   Giggled so much I woke the cat

Mog
>^-.-^<
Mostly Harmless...............

Offline Small brown dog

• Woof!
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2019, 02:35:35 AM »
 ;D
Just translated  "Я пукнул! Я признаюсь!"   Giggled so much I woke the cat

Mog
>^-.-^<

;D

Offline kerick

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2019, 10:00:58 AM »

I'll give it some thought but I get freaky on this sort of thing.
I would have to commit time and effort which could be fun at first and then it may bug the hell out of me. I get asked if I will do commisions or get involved with peoples projects but I once turned a hobby into a business and it screwed it for me on a personal level if that makes any sense. Sounds very pretentious now I read that back but I value my artistic freedom and the time I have to do it in.

I have no probs with my stuff being used as long as I get a credit for the design and/or a pointer to the orginal concept.
I think it would be great if you did so please go ahead. I have some other non textured renders that might help too. The cannon was not based on anything in particular and a T34 would be ideal I would say.

I understand completely. If you turn a hobby into a business then its work and not always fun anymore. That's why we do this, for fun and relaxation.
I'll gladly credit your work, as soon as I get around to building it. So many ideas, so little time!

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • ‹ber Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2019, 12:45:58 AM »
Just translated  "Я пукнул! Я признаюсь!"   Giggled so much I woke the cat
*Snort!*  That intrigued me and I translated it - good thing our cats were already awake (resting, but awake).

Offline kerick

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2019, 01:22:41 PM »
Anybody have any idea where a guy could find a gun to fit this beast? I was google searching for model artillery but I didn't get any useful hits. Is there a tank gun that might be close to this? Maybe an open top vehicle like a Hellcat tank destroyer? The MGs I could find and the body I would just vacuform but I would like to have a gun with the breech to build around.

Offline Small brown dog

• Woof!
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2019, 05:42:37 PM »
Anybody have any idea where a guy could find a gun to fit this beast? I was google searching for model artillery but I didn't get any useful hits. Is there a tank gun that might be close to this? Maybe an open top vehicle like a Hellcat tank destroyer? The MGs I could find and the body I would just vacuform but I would like to have a gun with the breech to build around.

I haven't got a clue as all I do is push pixels but I'm dead happy you are considering building it :)

Offline kerick

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2019, 08:31:32 PM »
Thanks! Weíll see what happens. Best laid plans of mice and men and all that.
I could just get a metal gun barrel and fake the rest. Just box it in under the cockpit floor. Of course with a one man/woman crew it would have to have an auto loader as Iím sure itís not a one shot weapon. I should start writing this down.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2019, 08:36:16 PM »

Your scale is going to be the limiting factor with availability of anything. The following is for 1/35.

The workings of the gun seem hidden in the body of the beast (which means a rough block of wood or styrene of appropriate size would work), so you really only need the barrel, of which you can get any number.

75mm works best for US/British/German vehicles.
Link to examples: https://www.bnamodelworld.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&categories_id=222&scale=1%2F35&search_in_description=0&keyword=75mm&inc_subcat=0&page=1&zenid=56dee8e8ff826d12409d5a3533f85e33

However, if you insist on internals, this is a good, reasonably priced option: https://www.bnamodelworld.com/military-vehicles-tanks-detail-up-parts-resicast-res-352280?zenid=56dee8e8ff826d12409d5a3533f85e33

If you want an American/Western version you could stick with the .50-cal's (you can get them anywhere!) but for a Soviet version may I suggest the 12.7mm DShK (Dushka)?
Link for examples: https://www.bnamodelworld.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&scale=1/35&search_in_description=0&keyword=dshk&inc_subcat=0&zenid=56dee8e8ff826d12409d5a3533f85e33

For the Soviet version I'd also suggest going for a 76mm main gun, unfortunately the only way I can see to get the gun internals is to buy an SU-76 (see below).
Link: https://www.bnamodelworld.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&categories_id=8&scale=1%2F35&search_in_description=0&keyword=su-76&inc_subcat=0

Or, again, just go for the barrel & a block of stuff.
Link: https://www.bnamodelworld.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&categories_id=222&scale=1%2F35&search_in_description=0&keyword=su-76%20gun&inc_subcat=0&zenid=56dee8e8ff826d12409d5a3533f85e33

Best I can do for you, mate! ;)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Small brown dog

• Woof!
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2019, 09:40:26 PM »
Thanks! Weíll see what happens. Best laid plans of mice and men and all that.
I could just get a metal gun barrel and fake the rest. Just box it in under the cockpit floor. Of course with a one man/woman crew it would have to have an auto loader as Iím sure itís not a one shot weapon. I should start writing this down.

I figured on an auto loader. I mention in the story it was an adaptation of the one used on the ME626

Offline kerick

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2019, 06:51:28 AM »
Many thanks to Old Wombat for looking up all that information! Now I have to put it to good use. I thought about an anti gravity GB but that guarantees Iíll be late building it.