Author Topic: Luftpanzer  (Read 404 times)

Offline Small brown dog

• Dwelling too long on the practicalities of such things can drive you mad.
  • Woof!
Luftpanzer
« on: August 29, 2019, 12:28:12 AM »
By the early 1930s the power generation for most AFVs was supplied by dedicated high energy output engines many of which were  factory converted aero engines installed sometimes in pairs. With so much energy available Field focusing could be used for motive and manoeuvring power  by projection of a repulsion field. Germany excelled in this form of AFV configuration being the first to introduce the type.

The early Luftpanzers had their repulsion field projectors externally mounted in large articulated sponsons.  They were also the first of the type to have repulsion technology based ballistic shielding although this was very rudimentary 

Luftpanzer 1

Excess energy was bled away to a dedicated shield capacitor but this was rarely able to work at full charge and once used it recharged slowly especially under battle conations. However, with sufficient charge it could take the sting out of a general anti-tank round allowing the LP to live another day providing the round did not damage a sponson mount which the allies soon learned to target.

Luftpanzer 2

Later designs had the  T-coil and amplification hardware housed in an armoured steel cylinder. Internal articulated hemispherical projectors at each end of the cylinder focused the manoeuvring field.  The shielding technology was improved also but it should be remembered that this technology was in its infancy in the 1940s and would not become a potent defensive component until the introduction of more exotic energy generation was available. The shields would stop most contemporary shells or at least significantly reduce their damage potential. However, each repelled shot would deplete the energy storage and charge time would be a factor in this tank surviving attack.

An enemy stronghold is softened up by ME 626 Donnervogel  before a waiting armoured assault unit comprising of Jaguar MK2 Luftpanzers, goes into action. The enemy is not without teeth as one of the Tbird pilots has found out

Its not that its not real but it could be that its not true.

Offline Dr. YoKai

• Was in High School when mastadons roamed the plains...
  • A notorious curmudgeon who is partial to...hemp!
Re: Luftpanzer
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 12:31:50 AM »
 Beautiful work. I started a Luftpanzer awhile ago myself, also based on the Jagdpanther, but this has anything I did beat all hollow.

Offline Small brown dog

• Dwelling too long on the practicalities of such things can drive you mad.
  • Woof!
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 12:39:10 AM »
Beautiful work. I started a Luftpanzer awhile ago myself, also based on the Jagdpanther, but this has anything I did beat all hollow.

I just looked up curmudgeon .... I'm one too!
Its not that its not real but it could be that its not true.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 01:47:28 AM »
 :smiley:
All hail the God of Frustration!!!