Author Topic: Hasegawa SDF-1 Macross 1:4000  (Read 1053 times)

Offline Madhatter

• BTS's Tony Stark
  • trainee plastic surgeon
Re: Hasegawa SDF-1 Macross 1:4000
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2019, 02:22:29 PM »
I've eyed this kit off a few times now with designs toward super detailing it but I just can't get past those thruster/feet things. They just look way to clunky for my tastes
Your doing a great job with these and have enjoyed checking in on your progress. Keep the pics coming
2 Reasons why a model is better than a wife:
1) A model doesn't get jealous when you look at another model
2) A model doesn't yell at you for spending money on another model

Offline Wyrmshadow

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2019, 07:30:29 AM »
I've eyed this kit off a few times now with designs toward super detailing it but I just can't get past those thruster/feet things. They just look way to clunky for my tastes
Your doing a great job with these and have enjoyed checking in on your progress. Keep the pics coming

I'd recommend you not get the DYRL version. I broke the conning tower antenae just cutting them from the sprues. Also, this model added a large booster pod under the bridge area. That's why the main thrusters are a angled out a bit to make room for it. It's not enough room. The tolerances are too tight and you'll be rubbing paint/plastic trying to jimmy the leg assembly to the main body.

Also, as it turns out both models are not 100% accurate. If you look closely at the main gun booms there is a semi-circular intend on the bottom. It's missing from the scale model.

Offline Madhatter

• BTS's Tony Stark
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2019, 12:15:01 PM »
I'm so close to pulling the trigger on buying one of these but I have a question about the ship itself. Are the "arms" maneuverable to any position you like? I'm thinking of having them facing forward as opposed to backwards. Is this possible?

Offline Wyrmshadow

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2019, 08:39:31 AM »
I'm so close to pulling the trigger on buying one of these but I have a question about the ship itself. Are the "arms" maneuverable to any position you like? I'm thinking of having them facing forward as opposed to backwards. Is this possible?

The arms have quite a bit of movement for both models. I guess you could mount the shoulders backwards, there's nothing stopping you.

Personally I would like to get 2 more sets of each, and combine them because the parts are interchangable, then paint it in the original series Blue/White. The DYRL has fewer turrets on it so upgunning would be nice. Also the DYRL conning tower is a 1 piece and is half the size of the original.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 08:42:15 AM by Wyrmshadow »

Offline Madhatter

• BTS's Tony Stark
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2019, 10:06:55 PM »
I have another question for you, if you would be so kind? Is it possible to have the carrier arms out flat instead of on their sides? If you can, I'm going to buy one