Author Topic: Image upload issues  (Read 486 times)

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding
Re: Image upload issues
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2019, 11:34:35 PM »
Both are on the same basic forum software, however we have different modules
installed, and Paul runs it, along with Secret Projects, on a dedicated server.

The resize view function is purely that, it it doesnít change the realities of server speeds
and traffic. Iíll look into it.

Thanks Jon ---

BTW, Paul has just switched the Secret Projects forum to a different software program (Xenforo) and it's now on it's own server. The What-If forum is getting move tomorrow onto it's own server. What-If will remain on the software it's on at the moment, although Paul has indicated he may change it to the new software sometime in the future.

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
  • Turn that Gila-copter down!
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2019, 12:32:52 AM »
I saw that the other day, and frankly the Xenforo layout looks like crap on a PC,
but it does work well on a phone or a tablet held vertically, to my eye it appears
to be biased towards mobile devices.

We'll see how it goes.
"Evil our grandsires were, our fathers worse;
And we, till now unmatched in ill,
Must leave successors more corrupted still."
Horace, 65BC - 8BC. Marsh translation.

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2019, 12:46:59 AM »
The guy who builds my desktop tower told me the last time I bought one, that these types of computers will be history for the majority of homeowners as they all switch to cell phones, pads or notebooks. The majority of my ex-workmates sort of confirm that, none have a tower, only a cell.

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
  • Turn that Gila-copter down!
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2019, 01:00:09 AM »
Yep, I have my old 20" G5 PowerPC chip iMac, 17" Macbook pro, an older 3rd gen iPad, 12.7"
iPad Pro and my iPhone 6S. I haven't had a tower since '06.

I keep the iMac because I have a full Adobe Creative Suite on it and am loathe to spend
the $$$ to subscribe to the latest versions for the laptop.

Most of the time I'm on the big iPad or the phone, the old iPad is used primarily for reading
ebooks I checkout from the local library. Paying for fiction I'll never read again makes no
sense.
 ;D
"Evil our grandsires were, our fathers worse;
And we, till now unmatched in ill,
Must leave successors more corrupted still."
Horace, 65BC - 8BC. Marsh translation.