Author Topic: Profiling by JP Vieira - New profiles 2017  (Read 197898 times)

Offline M.A.D

• Also likes a bit of arse...
  • Wrote a great story about a Christmas Air Battle
Re: Profiling by JP Vieira - New profiles 2017
« Reply #1170 on: June 11, 2017, 07:45:35 PM »
Thank you
Would this configuration be feasible? (mainly because of the flames when JL-100 is firing)

Don't know if it's "feasible" mate, but the inner wing pylons of the Phantom II could probably manage two JL-100 each. This would free up outer-wing pylons for two Sidewinder's each, freeing up under fuselage (Sparrow recesses) for either additional weapons or cleaner aerodynamics

M.A.D

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #1171 on: June 11, 2017, 11:38:33 PM »
I believe you would need to go with just pods on the inboard pylons because I don't think they were plumbed for fuel tanks.  Alternatively, you could put Sidewinders (or equivalent) on a dual rack there for self-defense if needed.  IIRC, the inboard pylons cannot carry the same loadouts as the outboard pylons.  If you had the necessary pylons, you could probably put dual JL-100's on the centerline pylon as it as twice the capacity of the outboard wing pylons.

Note that the missile wells are designed to carry Sparrows, or something of equivalent shape, semi-submerged and I don't think Sidewinders would work well there without adaptor pylons.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 11:40:33 PM by elmayerle »

Offline M.A.D

• Also likes a bit of arse...
  • Wrote a great story about a Christmas Air Battle
Re: Profiling by JP Vieira - Soviet Navy's aircraft-carrier air wing
« Reply #1172 on: January 25, 2019, 09:09:22 AM »
I really like the RM Harrier! Any chance of a sandy brown/black one? I saw this documentary of the RMs in Borneo(?) and they had boats in that colour scheme that looked cool!

Yes, it is possible; do you have any photo of that colour scheme...?

http://defense-update.com/20100816_pacscat_landing_craft.html

Although I remember the brown being a bit lighter.

Here is one request I did not posted at the time (althought it was done)
Here it is (with only 6 months of delay... ;)

Just had a closer look at your Royal Marines Harrier GR.3 JP Vieira, and noticed and appreciated the fact that it's weapons pylons arrangement is substantially different in terms of the Aim-9 Sidewinder apparently being hung from shoulder-type arrangement off the main inner pylon?? 😯
Which ironically make complete and utter sense, which I've imagined and advocated for ever 👍

Nice work, and apologies for not picking up on it from when you first posted this fantastic profile!!

M.A.D

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #1173 on: January 25, 2019, 12:39:31 PM »
As a side note on his work, JP has several F-15 profiles in the recent Morton bookazine on the F-15.  beautiful work!!