Author Topic: AV-22 and E-22 Tilt Rotors  (Read 3144 times)

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding
Re: AV-22 and E-22 Tilt Rotors
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2018, 05:34:32 PM »
Thanks Brian, Zak (nice to see you back)

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2018, 10:42:47 AM »
Well I have a 1/48 XV-15 kit somewhere
Fantastic. I was browsing eBay a few months back and found a few promotional images of a desert camo'd XV-15 that got my imagination going.
It's an odd scale, but you can occasionally find a 1/84 XV-15 on Ebay; it was a promo-kit sold by Bell "back in the day".  I'd love to find the Anigrand 1/72 one, but I suspect that, since it's OOP, that it would cost more than I care to pay.

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2018, 05:28:36 PM »
Well I have a 1/48 XV-15 kit somewhere
Fantastic. I was browsing eBay a few months back and found a few promotional images of a desert camo'd XV-15 that got my imagination going.
It's an odd scale, but you can occasionally find a 1/84 XV-15 on Ebay; it was a promo-kit sold by Bell "back in the day".  I'd love to find the Anigrand 1/72 one, but I suspect that, since it's OOP, that it would cost more than I care to pay.

!/84 is a model railway scale --- I can find loads of model vehicles and heavy equipment die casts in that scale but not in 1/72.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
    • SketchUp 3D Warehouse - My Digital Models
« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2018, 11:01:56 PM »
There are a lot of 1:72nd scale printed models of vehicles (many types) available at Shapeways that are affordable and quite detailed. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline kitnut617

« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2018, 07:38:09 AM »
There are a lot of 1:72nd scale printed models of vehicles (many types) available at Shapeways that are affordable and quite detailed.

Yep! I got one of my truck  ---- but bloody expensive ---

Offline KiwiZac

• Who said Kiwis can't fly...though this one can organise for a kit of the Fletcher FU24 to be produced!
  • The Modeller Formerly Known As K5054NZ
« Reply #95 on: August 07, 2018, 04:42:52 PM »
It's an odd scale, but you can occasionally find a 1/84 XV-15 on Ebay; it was a promo-kit sold by Bell "back in the day".
I first saw that on Scalemates and I've wanted one ever since. Looks like it'd be a fun project.
"He's more real-world now than whif..."

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #96 on: August 08, 2018, 01:53:48 AM »
It's an odd scale, but you can occasionally find a 1/84 XV-15 on Ebay; it was a promo-kit sold by Bell "back in the day".
I first saw that on Scalemates and I've wanted one ever since. Looks like it'd be a fun project.
They aren't cheap when they show up.  There's one on Ebay now for US$70.  I got lucky and acquired mine from a guy who retired from Bell Flight Test as part of a package deal.