Author Topic: Tamiya king George v  (Read 1417 times)

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My webpage
Re: Tamiya king George v
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2018, 04:18:36 AM »
I think the PE looks amazing. At 1/350 it does make a difference.

Online kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
  • The man has paddle wheels on the brain...
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2018, 03:08:46 AM »
Hi all loads still to add to this part, slow going but I do feel I'm getting there

I will admit due to my abysmally poor modelling skills I've missed some pe out, as a bit of fun can you spot out the bits I've missed out.

I think PE is pretty much beyond my ability now so I can't see me buying any more.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
    • SketchUp 3D Warehouse - My Digital Models
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2018, 03:29:57 AM »
The PE details that you have added to the ship's boats makes them look 1000% better than the kit bits.  I had to go back and look at the topic title to make sure this was not a larger scale kit than the actual 1:350th scale.  The wood deck sections also make this a very attractive model.  Bravo Zulu! :)
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Online kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2018, 04:10:25 AM »
Sorry no wooden deck sections (I used pastels) ,pleased you thought they were wood though.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
    • SketchUp 3D Warehouse - My Digital Models
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2018, 07:55:19 AM »
Blame it on the bifocals then.  :)
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2018, 10:21:48 PM »
Blame it on the bifocals then.  :)

HELL NO! :o

Hold your wooden deck painting skill set high to inspire mere mortals & guide them to the light of self-painted decks, rather than the dark arts of wooden deck decals! :icon_meditation: :icon_alabanza:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Online kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2018, 02:53:18 AM »
Hi all here is the next update,
This sub assy is finished (well as much as I'm prepared to do) I like the unpainted brass standing out against the weathered painted parts, i just wish I had the skills to use all the PE (although to be honest I don't think you would notice the bits I've left out)

Online kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2018, 02:54:18 AM »
Hi all here is the next update,
This sub assy is finished (well as much as I'm prepared to do) I like the unpainted brass standing out against the weathered painted parts, i just wish I had the skills to use all the PE (although to be honest I don't think you would notice the bits I've left out)