Author Topic: DML (Dragon Models Limited) and CyberHobby  (Read 5077 times)

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procastrination since...?
Re: DML (Dragon Models Limited) and CyberHobby
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2013, 08:42:49 AM »
An M103! F*** YEAH!

I'll need at least one for a "Codename Panzers: Cold War" diorama.

Just a couple of months ago, when they announced three different Object 279 kits, I wondered in another post on a German website why no one rather did an M103 or a new T-72 family. Now, a little while later Trumpeter has announced a T-72B and Dragon an M103.
So..... what should I wish for next?  :icon_beer: A new Chieftain? AMX-10RC? ERC-90? Something South African? That Tamiya continues their T-55 line-up and gives us a nice T-55M next?
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline Volkodav

• Counts rivits with his abacus...
  • Much older now
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2013, 10:04:05 AM »
Affordable good quality Centurions in a range of versions covering the major operators, conflicts served in and upgrades?

« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2013, 10:08:06 AM »
M103!  :-* Another great and long over-due release! I'm glad to see they've done it as a "flat deck" although a modernized diesel engine version would be cool too.

So..... what should I wish for next?  :icon_beer: A new Chieftain? AMX-10RC? ERC-90? Something South African? That Tamiya continues their T-55 line-up and gives us a nice T-55M next?

I'd definitely vote for the AMX 10RC and a Tamiya T55M. As for "something South African", a current generation Olifant would be nice. But hey, if your wishes are having an effect on what kits get produced, would you mind wishing for a T23 US experimental medium tank? Thanks! ;)

Offline Rickshaw

• "Of course, I could be talking out of my hat"
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2013, 12:17:54 PM »
A different picture, from the Japan Hobby Show of the impending Dragon M103 kit:

Offline father ennis

• I got paint older than most of you guys ...
  • Our Scifi, armour-building Rennissance Priest...
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2013, 03:05:09 PM »
For those that are interested, there is an M103 on display at the 45th infantry museum in Oklahoma City. That thing is frikking HUGE .... !!!!!!!   I couldn't believe just how big it is .....  The one on display was painted in a green so dark,it looked black,too.  I don't know if they have a website but it might be worth looking to see as they had a large number of different aircraft and vehicles on display there.  BTW, the aircraft are all displayed on stands like model aircraft,too. Been a long time since I was there so I'm thinking I should make a trip in the near future.  If anybody gets a chance to pass thru Oklahoma City, they have a very large number of museums of every sort there.
I may be old but I'm not dead ... yet anyway ... !!!    And NO I did not know Richard III !!!!!!

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2013, 04:03:54 AM »

An Olifant in 1/35 would be nice. 
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
    • SketchUp 3D Warehouse - My Digital Models
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2013, 04:19:49 AM »
An Olifant in 1/35 would be nice.

Maybe that is something that could be done by AFV Club since they have a very nice Centurion already kitted up in several versions it would make sense for them to offer the Olifant as part of that family of vehicles. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Feldmarschall Zod

• Kitbasher extroinadaire
  • I hope that's not the sound he makes...
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2013, 04:56:36 AM »
It is great to see this will be in plastic soon. :icon_music:
Every time you eat celery,an angel vomits in a gas station bathroom. Tanks rule. I know the load is late,but the voices tell me to pull over and clean the guns.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2013, 04:59:25 AM »
It is great to see this will be in plastic soon. :icon_music:
Hopefully the M103A2 will not be far behind. 

Maybe they can also produce the M51 ARV in to compliment the M103? 
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 05:06:41 AM by Jeffry Fontaine »
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2013, 05:06:56 AM »
Another one to consider would be an M103 with the 152mm gun/missile launcher from the MBT-70/XM803.

This idea is growing on me!
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2013, 05:09:17 AM »
Another one to consider would be an M103 with the 152mm gun/missile launcher from the MBT-70/XM803.
This idea is growing on me!

Glad to be of assistance :)

How about a Bundeswehr M103 armed with a 12.8 cm main gun?  Ammunition size was about the same as the American 120mm two component ammunition so it would not be too far fetched to just give it a bigger gun :)

Offline Volkodav

• Counts rivits with his abacus...
  • Much older now
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2013, 07:46:57 AM »
A low velocity gun/missile launcher, with coaxial 105 or 120mm and a turret mounted RCS with an 20-30mm auto canon?

Offline Dr. YoKai

• Was in High School when mastadons roamed the plains...
  • Partial to...hemp!
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2013, 12:10:11 AM »
Given the current pattern of releases, Criswill Predicts! a Conquerer Heavy gun tank from Meng...
But I Dragon does one too, that's be great. There is also an M 103 up at Ft. Hood - or there was twenty some odd years ago. Like the good father said - its huge.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2013, 12:40:24 AM »
Given the current pattern of releases, Criswill Predicts! a Conquerer Heavy gun tank from Meng...
But I Dragon does one too, that's be great. There is also an M 103 up at Ft. Hood - or there was twenty some odd years ago. Like the good father said - its huge.
The USMC Reserve Center located in Yakima, Washington has an M103 on the front lawn.  I was lucky to have had access to the inside of the vehicle one year during a local mocel show.  Huge is a good description for the internal space afforded the crew of an M103.  It is indeed very spacious inside with a lot of room for the two loaders to maneuver the separate loading ammunition (cartridge and projectile) to service the piece. 

Offline Queeg

• Master armour builder
  • Lost but now foun .... nope - still lost!
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2013, 04:14:36 AM »
...... with a lot of room for the two loaders ......... 

Lol, thats just about says it all about the size thing! And this at a time when Soviet tankers had to be under 5ft to fit in theirs  ;D