Author Topic: Waltzing RAM Matilda - 1/35 Tamiya  (Read 1603 times)

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Re: Waltzing RAM Matilda - 1/35 Tamiya
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2018, 09:43:48 AM »
BTW, folks, this is on a short hiatus, as my eldest daughter is moving, not just out of home but out of town, next Tuesday.

She has her first full-time RN nursing position at a Nursing Home down in Millicent (the one where my mother is, in fact), near Mount Gambier in the SE of the state.

The last week has seen lots of prep, with more to do, & the garage (where I do my spray painting) is full of sh... stuff she'll be taking with her.

Then I'll be going down with her for 4 days to help her set up & settle in (also gives me a chance to see "me dear ol' mum" - which doesn't happen often enough).
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2018, 10:27:38 AM »
Safe traveling to both of you.

Offline Volkodav

• Counts rivits with his abacus...
  • Much older now...but procrastinating about it
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2018, 09:55:28 PM »
Fun fun fun, that's what we were doing when I was down Christmas time, helping my step daughter move into our old house down south, better you than me.  ;)

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2018, 10:04:29 AM »
OK, this has barely moved at all since early March but, given where I stopped working on it, it's almost finished. Hopefully it'll ride on the coat-tails of the new motivation I've found for the M41 & I'll finish it.

I hate losing motivation! The desire to build is always still there but when the motivation is gone it's weird :-\ & frustrating :icon_twisted:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2018, 12:06:52 AM »
I've been progressing this next to the M41 but I figure it might be, with a modicum of luck, Thursday/Friday next week before it's finished. :smiley:

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2018, 11:14:56 PM »
OK, finished except for dull-cote & some post-matt touch-ups. I'll try to get some photos up in the next 36 hours but it won't be finished-finished until I can get some airbrush time.

Guess I'll have to start clearing the workspace for the next build. ;)

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2018, 12:49:15 AM »
Well, that was quick! ;)

So, here are some photos for you to peruse & make constructive criticisms about. 8)

It's difficult to realise that one of these was a "heavy" tank of its era, yet barely more than 10 years later the other was a "light" tank.

This last image is the most accurate to the real colours (on my monitor).

Thanks for watching! :smiley:

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Global Moderator
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2018, 03:00:43 AM »
That looks every bit the business and your weathering is magnificent.

I imagine not many have your talent for livening up that OD scheme.

Very well done!

Brian da Basher

Offline Volkodav

• Counts rivits with his abacus...
  • Much older now...but procrastinating about it
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2018, 08:08:22 PM »
Very noice!

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2018, 10:30:13 PM »
Thanks, blokes! :smiley:

I imagine not many have your talent for livening up that OD scheme.

Oh, if only that were true, Brian! I'm on the upper side of mediocre at best, I'm afraid, but getting slowly better, which is the aim of the game. ;)

Offline LemonJello

• MARPAT Master
  • Member number 100...WooHoo!!!
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2018, 06:10:31 AM »
Both of them are really well done.  I like your weathering, too. 

Offline Camthalion

• The man has done a pink tank...need we say more?!
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2018, 06:17:39 AM »
Looks great.  Top work

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2018, 10:13:43 PM »
Thanks heaps, mate! :icon_alabanza: