Author Topic: Danish Navy project HM-III 1937  (Read 5144 times)

Offline arctic warrior

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
Re: Danish Navy project HM-III 1937
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2017, 11:03:19 PM »
Cheers guys  :D
@GTX admin: thanks; couldn't get my mind on what it reminded me of. The Korolev touch upon the Ta-154!  :icon_meditation:

Offline arctic warrior

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2017, 11:32:24 PM »
On the workbench - old FROG EE Lightning kitbash with as old Matchbox Viggen.  ;D
Wings and canards mounted; Matchbox plastic is somewhat brittle though FROGs fine to work. The rest is plastic card, flash (always remember to save flash), a little putty and lots of glue.

Offline JoseFern

• Has gone by many names...we simply prefer "Genius"
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2017, 12:33:08 AM »
Looking forward to see the final result in plastic since we had the same idea (unfortunately I am not a modeller). ;)

Offline Tophe

• He sees things in double...
  • twin-boom & asymmetric fan
    • my models
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2017, 12:55:55 AM »
This Lightning/Viggen mix is VERY interesting! Maybe impossible to fly due to centering issues but this is great fun! :-*

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Global Moderator
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2017, 03:29:33 AM »
Wow is that one heck of an introduction and I don't think I've ever seen a Danish scheme rendered better!

Putting the He-70 up on floats was truly inspired!

Welcome to BtS, Arctic Warrior. It looks like you'll fit in nicely and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Brian da Basher

Offline arctic warrior

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2017, 04:49:12 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome.  :smiley:
There is more insanity lurking to get into the light. Have just restocked with model kits so shit may happen.
I think I may have a home here for my dark side of modelbuilding; the "real" models going onto Airfix Tribute Forum.  ;D
@Tophe: I had those worries myself though it won't stop my carrying on.  :icon_ninja:

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2017, 05:25:48 AM »
Lightning-Viggen combo is right on.  :smiley:
Never woulda thought of it.

Offline arctic warrior

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2017, 10:26:23 PM »
JoseFern cheers! Was wondering where to fit the refuelling probe  :smiley:

Offline apophenia

• Suffered two full days of rapid-fire hallucinations and yet had not a single usuable whif concept in the lot !?!
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2017, 06:10:07 AM »
Your He 70/HM III floatplane is wonderful  :smiley: Way back when, I did a profile of the same concept.
Under investigation by the Committee of State Sanctioned Modelling, Alternative History and Tractor Carburettor Production for decadent counterrevolutionary behaviour.

Offline pigflyer

• If reality is real, give me whatif. Really?
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2017, 05:14:32 AM »
Welcome AW, first class intro, loving all three but really looking forward to the Liggen/Vightning.  Makes me think of the U.K. Not
buying F4s but getting into bed with the Swedes and producing your little gem.

Nice work!
 :-* :smiley:
Ian
If I don't plan it, it can't go wrong!

If it's great, I did it. If it's naff, I found it.

Offline arctic warrior

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2017, 04:19:50 PM »
Cheers.  :D
My idea was that EE faced with an upgrade would turn to Saab for help in making the Lightning into a "real" delta wing and of course the Swedes costefficeint as any Scandinavian would suggest using Viggen parts including canards if only to get done in time to stun the opposition and used tried and working parts.
Wings and canards on putty applied as is the bang-seat and awaiting topside darkgreen

Its not visible in the shot but I grafted out a cannon-trench on the starbord side of the nose. Will be made visible when paintings done.

Undersides having had a go of Pollyscale flat aluminium (did I spell this correct Brian?)  ;D

I've begun making masurements for the main gear legs; don't know if I'll use Viggen or Lightning parts or some leftover Phantom ones. :icon_meditation:

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2017, 01:24:16 AM »
Congratulations: the new wing fits like perfectly the fuselage, which amount of hard work provided this result?

Offline ysi_maniac

• I will die understanding not this world
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2017, 12:33:08 PM »
Quite interesting project!
 :smiley: :smiley: 8)

Offline arctic warrior

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2017, 09:46:14 PM »
Congratulations: the new wing fits like perfectly the fuselage, which amount of hard work provided this result?

Getting out the drills and razorsaw is just fun.
Took about two days work of getting strips of styrene aligned with the upperwing. Scored to size by use of a metal ruler and hobby-knife; then filling the gaps with bits of flash and more strips of styrene to make a strong bond and finally a go of putty to fill in small gaps and flatten the surface.
Wings undersides were pretty much the same deal though easier as this part is wider than the top wing-parts. I had to fit the inner main gear doors which took a major part of wing lenght only having to saw/cut them to size at the fuselage side to make the wing fit.
Really not hard work more of finding the right thickness of styrene and then start cutting and glueing parts in place.
Canards were even easier.
The real deal was drilling holes for the location of the wing pegs to enter the fuselage and then cut away plastic to make a decent fit.

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2017, 02:10:10 AM »
Your work is more than "decent", it is GREAT! :smiley: