Author Topic: BlastWave's Pixel Works  (Read 12800 times)

Offline tahsin

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
Re: BlastWave's Pixel Works
« Reply #120 on: September 12, 2018, 07:28:41 PM »
I surf at web cafes, I will save threads anyhow. The links much appreciated. Thank you.

And yes, the atmospheric shot is really cool.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 07:30:36 PM by tahsin »

Offline BlastWave

« Reply #121 on: September 14, 2018, 01:49:28 AM »
I see. You're welcome, and thank you!

Here's a profile of the Iranian Saeqeh-80 or simply Saeqeh/Saegeh. It was difficult finding any photographs or information of this particular production version (it may have been a prototype judging by the paint scheme, but that cannot be confirmed either), but I think I got it relatively accurate.

https://i.imgur.com/oZEKvPz.png

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #122 on: September 15, 2018, 10:01:34 AM »
 :smiley:
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Offline BlastWave

« Reply #123 on: September 19, 2018, 09:57:19 AM »

https://i.imgur.com/ttqFpH6.png

A Lockheed-NASA design for a variable-geometry Mach 5 hypersonic carrier-based aircraft from 1990. This beast would've been 100.5 feet in length!

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #124 on: September 22, 2018, 05:23:22 AM »
Here's a profile of the Iranian Saeqeh-80 or simply Saeqeh/Saegeh. It was difficult finding any photographs or information of this particular production version (it may have been a prototype judging by the paint scheme, but that cannot be confirmed either), but I think I got it relatively accurate.

https://i.imgur.com/oZEKvPz.png

I've got the Omega-Models kit of this one.  Real tempting to do an operational scheme.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #125 on: September 23, 2018, 02:35:18 AM »
Random idea:  Vietnamese version of it
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Offline BlastWave

« Reply #126 on: September 27, 2018, 07:12:27 AM »
@elmayerle: I'd say go for it!

@GTX_Admin: Interesting idea, I may give it a shot.

Here's a profile of the Boeing model 908-535 "Nutcracker" VATOL SCS fighter jet, based on the original company painting and from what I could deduce from the few schematics available of it.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 09:59:07 PM by BlastWave »

Offline BlastWave

« Reply #127 on: September 30, 2018, 03:18:28 AM »
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 11:39:56 PM by BlastWave »

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Global Moderator
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #128 on: October 01, 2018, 01:19:02 AM »
I really like the futuristic look of your VATOL SCS fighter!

Appears fast as quicksilver!

Brian da Basher

Offline BlastWave

« Reply #129 on: October 15, 2018, 06:38:29 AM »
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 11:39:31 PM by BlastWave »

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Global Moderator
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #130 on: October 15, 2018, 07:03:48 AM »
I think your latest is my favorite of yours yet, BW!

I like fictional countries and markings and what makes this piece especially nice are the different color schemes.

A wonderful work of art!

Brian da Basher

Offline BlastWave

« Reply #131 on: October 17, 2018, 12:47:07 AM »
Thanks, Brian. :smiley:

Here's what one of them might have looked like in real life.

https://i.imgur.com/BWo0kNw.png

Offline BlastWave

« Reply #132 on: October 20, 2018, 11:53:27 PM »

"October 20th, 1929. The three largest zeppelins ever built in the Kingdom of Ostania drift quietly past the smoke filled industrial city of Horoa, New Tylivisa. On the ground, two guardsman of Guard Post #54 stand by a photographer of the Ostani Times as he adjusts his camera to take a photograph for this Sunday's paper."

From nearest to farthest: CZ-02 "Victory", CZ-01 "Triumph", and RZ-129 "Lady Maria".

The Behemoth class of zeppelins was a rather disastrous endeavor for the Ostani Kingdom as a whole. The project started with the King, Oskar Gudmundsson VII, commissioning three zeppelins to be built in September of 1920, two for the military as (at the time) state-of-the-art airborne aircraft-carriers, and one for the royal cabinet to travel in throughout the land as well as prove their superiority to neighboring countries. The entire project was riddled with setbacks and much difficulty in actually constructing the airships as well as also not bankrupting the government, due to the fact the nation was currently recovering from a nearly catastrophic series of plagues throughout the land, and the Ostani Kingdom's money was in dire need of being used elsewhere. Thus, on a weekly basis the construction and shipping of materials for the ships would simply have to be abandoned until later, leaving the ships to rot in their airdocks for several weeks at a time. As a result of this, despite the airships being commissioned in 1920, it took a rather timely nine years to fully construct and launch each of the ships, and at this point they were already considered rather obsolete in the world of airships.

Of all of the airships however, the RZ-129 Lady Maria in particular was the center of controversy throughout various nations, as despite it being painted in a civilian scheme and described as an "unarmed luxury airship", the zeppelin was still actually built to military specifications, with a working bomb bay door in the aft section and also visibly painted over hangar doors for Marodi PA.28 model fighter aircraft on its underside, the same ones that would be used on the Triumph and Victory aircraft-carriers. Furthermore, the Lady Maria was considered unsafe for the actual royal cabinet to travel in, as undoubtedly the sheer size of it and its military counterparts would be enormous targets for enemy fighter planes and possible sabotage such as bombing or damage to its control surfaces. Eventually, the RZ-129, CZ-01, and CZ-02 were retired to the Royal Museum of Aviation in Tallinberg, with all three airships finally being scrapped in January of 1936 for reuse in the Ostani aviation industry.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 12:02:01 AM by BlastWave »

Offline Brian da Basher

• Global Moderator
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #133 on: October 21, 2018, 02:48:32 AM »
I like this one very much. So much I'm tempted to use it as my desktop wallpaper.

Your treatment of such a difficult surface & scheme is outstanding.

I've got a new BW favorite!

Brian da Basher

Offline BlastWave

« Reply #134 on: October 28, 2018, 08:11:21 AM »
Kind thanks, Brian!