Author Topic: dy031101's Mental Notes  (Read 173213 times)

Offline dy031101

• Yuri Fanboy and making cute stuff practical- at least that's the plan anyway
  • Prefers Guns And Tanks Over Swords And Magic
Re: dy031101's Mental Notes
« Reply #450 on: May 11, 2020, 10:41:01 AM »

The Kestrel, in the single-seat A and two-seat B varieties, serves various air forces of the Independent World Coalition Forces in a similar capacity to the F-16 in the Frontier Air Force.

Armaments include two wingtip and six underwing stations for disposable ordnances, as well as two 27mm cannons in the LERX.  The wingtip and outer-most underwing stations are originally cleared to carry only Sidewinder-class short-ranged air-to-air missiles, but the development of a new Aspide medium-range missile version with smaller, less-draggy "clipped" aerosurfaces soon led to the outer-most underwing stations being used to carry this missile; an active radar-guided variant is recently deployed.

A Mid-Life Update was carried out early during the war against the League of Kings terrorist group, featuring improved avionics and modified intake to add hardpoints for targeting pods.  Updated aircraft and new aircraft built to this standard are designated AM for single-seaters and BM for two-seaters.

================================================

(It's actually the Hawker-Siddeley P.1202-9 with RB.431 turbofan; I don't know if it can carry BVRAAMs on wingtips)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 11:41:50 AM by dy031101 »
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?

Offline dy031101

• Yuri Fanboy and making cute stuff practical- at least that's the plan anyway
  • Prefers Guns And Tanks Over Swords And Magic
« Reply #451 on: May 15, 2020, 01:20:02 PM »

Air-to-air loadout for early Kestrel A.

Vought Model 1600 dressed up as the F-16 in Ace Combat 2.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 09:24:54 AM by dy031101 »
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #452 on: May 18, 2020, 11:01:34 PM »
Kestrel looks cool!  8)

The F-16 in Ace Combat colours is also quite interesting. Never really paid much attention to the Hasegawa boxings of Ace Combat subjects. That will have to change.  :smiley:
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"