Author Topic: Dalle Corse alla Caccia  (Read 1848 times)

Offline Logan Hartke

• High priest in the black arts of profiling...
  • Rivet-counting whiffer
Re: Dalle Corse alla Caccia
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2017, 10:34:51 AM »
I am very familiar with it from my own He 100 floatplane. The lines are etched in my brain.

Cheers,

Logan

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
  • Turn that Gila-copter down!
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2017, 12:11:21 PM »
Lovely.  :)  :icon_alabanza:

So that A6M2-N float makes one wonder how it would look beneath a Gloster F.5/34 or Bristol 146.  ???
"Evil our grandsires were, our fathers worse;
And we, till now unmatched in ill,
Must leave successors more corrupted still."
Horace, 65BC - 8BC. Marsh translation.

Offline AXOR

• Our returned Monkey Box man
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2017, 06:40:38 PM »
Your work rendering the NMF is magnificent!
My thoughts exactly,great work again!
Alex

Offline apophenia

• Suffered two full days of rapid-fire hallucinations and yet had not a single usuable whif concept in the lot !?!
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2017, 11:51:45 AM »
Thanks folks

I am very familiar with it from my own He 100 floatplane. The lines are etched in my brain.

I know what you mean Logan. Your He 100 floatplane managed to be highly believable, very buildable looking, and an instant post-War Schneider Cup contestant with a simple coat of paint. Lovely  :-*

Jon: Hmmm ... I think a Gloster F.5/34 Rufe might be the winner there. Nice!
Under investigation by the Committee of State Sanctioned Modelling, Alternative History and Tractor Carburettor Production for decadent counterrevolutionary behaviour.

Offline apophenia

• Suffered two full days of rapid-fire hallucinations and yet had not a single usuable whif concept in the lot !?!
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2017, 06:53:19 AM »
Ricognitore e osservatore -- The Reggiane RPN and OTN Projects

The Officine Meccaniche Reggiane SpA pursued on final float-based design after the 'removal' of Ten. Ing. Fidia Piattelli. Senior Designer Ing. Roberto Longhi saw the potential for developing a larger aircraft employing two sets of Re.2100 'Squalo' floats. This design was intended as a replacement for the Regia Marina's IMAM (Meridionali) Ro.43 catapult biplanes within the Squadriglie of the Forze Navali.

Longhi's concept was for a twin-engined aircraft with a fully-glazed nose for maximum visibility during reconnaissance and naval observation missions. Initially, the design had a single tail and rudder (Monoderiva). Later, at the instigation of Reggiane's Direttore Tecnico, Ing. Antonio Alessio, the design was offered with option twin tails (Doppia deriva).

The direct replacement for the Ro.43 was titled Ricognizione Biposto Navale. In the shipboard reconnaissance role, the pilot would perform flying and observer duties. The rear gunner would man the Caproni-Lanciani Delta turret. For the observation role, the same airframe would accommodate a crew of three including a dedicated observer in the nose with the pilot.

Once preliminary design was accomplished, the RPN/OTN scheme was forwarded to Reggiane's owner, the Officine Caproni at Taliedo. Head office was not pleased. It was agreed at head office that the more powerful Reggiane projects were direct competition for Taliedo's own Caproni Ca.316 prototype. As a result, Reggiane was instructed to abandon further work on their promising shipboard seaplane concept.
Under investigation by the Committee of State Sanctioned Modelling, Alternative History and Tractor Carburettor Production for decadent counterrevolutionary behaviour.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2017, 06:59:39 AM »
 :)
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Offline AXOR

• Our returned Monkey Box man
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2017, 07:27:39 AM »
Ohhh that shiny stressed skin....lovely!
Alex

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
  • Turn that Gila-copter down!
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2017, 07:46:18 AM »
 :) :) :) :) :-* :icon_fsm:
"Evil our grandsires were, our fathers worse;
And we, till now unmatched in ill,
Must leave successors more corrupted still."
Horace, 65BC - 8BC. Marsh translation.

Offline Acree

• That will teach you to frustrate the powers that be...won't it comrade?
  • Sentenced to time in the BTS Gulag...
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2017, 07:51:14 AM »
 :) :D