Author Topic: Crew Served Weapons  (Read 2567 times)

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: Crew Served Weapons
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2019, 03:02:11 AM »
In a similar vein:

Hungarian WW2 motorcycle with antitank rifle sidecar:

Soviet M72 motorcycle with anti tank rifle:

Swiss Soldiers with 2.4cm (24x139mm) Tankbuchse 41 Semiauto Antitank Rifle in tow:

« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 03:14:37 AM by GTX_Admin »
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2019, 03:09:41 AM »
Last image is actually Swiss Soldiers and that is a Swiss 2.4cm (24x139mm) Tankbuchse 41 Semiauto Antitank Rifle.  Html has video and history.

From Fandom > Gun Wiki > 24 mm Tankbüchse 41

***added additional link on subject. - jjf
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 03:18:39 AM by Jeffry Fontaine »
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2019, 03:13:28 AM »
Shoot and Scoot...

Also do not forget the French Vespa 159 TAP (Troupes AéroPortées) that is armed with a 75mm Recoilless Rifle used as the seat for the rider.

More at Wikipedia:

This is really small and I find the riding position amusing (look closely where the seat is):

One can theoretically get a kit of it in 1/35 too:

I say theoretically since it is a Azimut Limited Edition kit and thus nearly impossible to get any purchases from those thieves.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2019, 03:14:58 AM »
Last image is actually Swiss Soldiers and that is a Swiss 2.4cm (24x139mm) Tankbuchse 41 Semiauto Antitank Rifle.  Html has video and history.

Thanks fo the correction - have now updated.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2019, 03:16:48 AM »
The other "tell" was the helmets on the two soldiers :)
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2019, 03:26:03 AM »
More:

20mm Madsen:

Answering my own question above, it seams as though this was a 37mm anti-tank gun being trialled - potentially over 400 of these were actually made:

And one showing the earlier Mortar in use:

From 1917 - Matchless Motorcycle with Machine Gun intended for Russian Army but not used:

NYC Women's Machine Gun Squad Police Reserves 1918:

Ckm wz.30 mounted on a Sokol 1000 sidecar with handle and sights adapted for Anti Aircraft Use:

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2019, 03:28:25 AM »
Going back to the Hungarian one posted earlier, it seems there is an effort to produce a kit of this:

See here:  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dogtagminiatures/28mm-ww2-hungarian-army/updates

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2019, 04:08:27 AM »
The more manageable Solothurn S-18/100 20mm AT/AM Weapon chambered in 20X105B is also avaialble from CMK under their "Blitz" product line. 
Link: CMK (129-B35095) 1/35th scale WW2 Swiss Solothurn S-18/100 Anti Tank Rifle. 
Wikipedia > Solothurn S-18/100

CMK also offers a resin kit of the larger S-18/1000 that was chambered for the 20X138B cartridge with carriage/ground mount.  It has been hard to find since initial release.  I will say that it is a much appreciated improvement over the white metal kit that was offered years ago (company unknown) and the resin model kit from Criel Model of Italy which is a bit lean on details and also a bit too flimsy looking. 
Link: CMK (129-3140) 1/35th scale WW2 Solothurn 20mm Anti-Tank Rifle Solothurn S-18/1000 w/wheeled carriage.
Wikipedia > Solothurn S-18/1000 

Offline Story

• Nicht mein Zirkus, nicht meine Affen...
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2019, 10:05:15 AM »
Anyone ever hear of a "Hell Cannon"?  Necessity being the mother of invention, it fires propane canisters filled with HE.
http://brown-moses.blogspot.com/2013/05/diy-weapons-in-syria-hell-cannon.html

See also https://www.bellingcat.com/news/mena/2015/08/21/hell-cannons-from-minor-nuisance-to-major-threat-the-evolution-of-syrian-opposition-siege-artillery/

Firing video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd6_qZ_TJ5A

Since the real ones are made out of spare parts and scrap (with lots of variations) it would seem to be an ideal 1:35th scale subject.  However, the trepidatious can always get this 1:72nd scale kit https://internethobbies.com/products/ace-military-1-72-hell-cannon-syrian-artillery-kit