Author Topic: Italian Puma 4x4  (Read 2927 times)

Offline apophenia

• Suffered two full days of rapid-fire hallucinations and yet had not a single usuable whif concept in the lot !?!
  • Patterns? What patterns?
Re: Italian Puma 4x4
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2017, 04:21:32 AM »
I like the stenciled UN decal. Great build so far; it inspired me to get a copy of this kit.

Agreed. The more obviously stencilled UN markings are actually an improvement, IMHO.  :)
Under investigation by the Committee of State Sanctioned Modelling, Alternative History and Tractor Carburettor Production for decadent counterrevolutionary behaviour.

Offline 35th-scale

• On first name terms with someone called Nathan...
  • I wonder what scale he builds in???
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2017, 06:59:51 AM »
Thanks Gents, I appreciate the comments. Just been told on Armorama though that they are wrong and shouldn't have the gaps. But after all the trouble that are staying as they are.

On to the last few bits of equipment

Looking at reference photos I have lots of choice in how to finish her. White wing mirrors, black wing mirrors or black & white. White frame on drivers glass shield, or black. Black or white covers on the smoke grenade launchers. And pristine finish, weathered finish or totally beat up finish.... 😃

I'll go for something like the middle one but if I overdo it, as I tend to, I won't mind.

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Global Moderator
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2017, 12:18:49 PM »
Concur on the UN markings. I think you've vastly improved the look, accuracy be damned.

Speaking of damned, that's some damned fine work too! Thanks for the update!

Brian da Basher

Offline 35th-scale

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2017, 09:16:54 PM »
Thanks Brian

Trying to fit the tyres in has broken off 3 of the wheel hubs, including the main supports.

They are repairable and thankfully I've not fitted the delicate wing mirrors or drivers shield yet

Offline 35th-scale

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2017, 03:10:57 AM »
Anyway, put the tyres on and then managed to get the wheels refitted. Mirrors and drivers shield to go and then just a tad more light weathering

Offline 35th-scale

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2017, 08:28:44 PM »
Nearly there. One more session at the bench will see it finished

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2017, 08:36:30 PM »
Looking really good, mate! :)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Crbad

• I'd buy that for a dollar!
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2017, 12:23:26 AM »
Nice! Great work! That white scheme really makes it stand out.  :icon_alabanza:
Craig's Bureau of Aeronautics Design: Shoddy engineering and marginal skill for the undiscerning modelling enthusiast.