Author Topic: Heller 1/8 Citroen Traction Avant  (Read 14514 times)

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
  • The man has paddle wheels on the brain...
Re: Heller 1/8 Citroen Traction Avant
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2015, 02:39:49 AM »
Hi all here is the next update

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2015, 12:29:51 AM »
Hi all another update, quite pleased I've managed this part (very fiddly though could have done with another set of hands)

Offline kerick

• Responsible for all surrendered booty....Arrrr!!!!
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2015, 02:49:24 AM »
You are clearly doing it right as I had to go back to the beginning of this thread to see what you were building! I thought at first those were real metal parts to a motorcycle or something! Your painting and weathering is just right!

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2015, 04:05:14 AM »
Hi all thanks kerick here is an Idea of just how huge this is, I thought the GT was big but, and dont forget it still has the rad and bumpers to go on, just look at this.

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2015, 02:37:32 AM »
Here is tonights episode. I really, really, really, really love this kit cant wait to start the Mefistofeles if its anything like this.

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2015, 04:46:15 AM »
Hi all here's tonight's bit

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2015, 04:42:31 AM »
Hi all well here's tonight's bit, that steering rack was a real pain the ball joints are supposed to push through and be an interferance fit but I had us a dremell tool by hand to gradually open it up enough to get the ball joint through without it just falling back out again, very sloooow gentle work with lots of checking to make sure the ball joint didn't just fall through. got to paint it and weather it now, would have painted it first but it is a tight fit and wasn't sure it would slide through the shaft after it was painted will now use very thinned down paint and hopefully if I keep moving it as the paint dries it will remain working.

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
  • Turn that Gila-copter down!
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2015, 02:53:23 PM »
Looks good. Nice job on the tin-worm.  ;)

The big Italeri FIAT is a redo of an old Protar kit, originally released in 1975 with a metal body,
chassis and wheels.

http://cs.finescale.com/fsm/modeling_subjects/f/4/t/164570.aspx?sort=ASC&pi240=2

"Evil our grandsires were, our fathers worse;
And we, till now unmatched in ill,
Must leave successors more corrupted still."
Horace, 65BC - 8BC. Marsh translation.

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2015, 01:44:07 AM »
Hi all well this steering rack has driven me to hurling this against the wall, I've re-glued it on no less than a dozen times only for it to come off almost as soon as I turn it over, fingers crossed its on for good now, tried a test fit of the engine (I have to say it fitted before, but someone stood on one of the engine mounts (my fault I shouldnt have left it on the floor)when I took it off to do the breaks and clutch pedal linkages) now the engine dosnt lign up on that one so it will have to come off and see whats wrong with it.

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2015, 03:52:07 AM »
Hi all engine mount sorted some work on the engine bay and a quick try of the body

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2015, 02:37:23 AM »
Hi all well the body (the majority of it anyway is glued together) I cant recommend Roy's cd enough, I've referenced it often but here it is invaluable he shows you how to assemble the body as a separate part which will save a lot of hard work later on also if following his instructions the finished body is very tough.
there is however one very big problem with my model, which I don't know how I will get round  I couldn't resist trying the bonnet on and the air box is too high lifting the bonnet, that is going to be a real pain, not sure whats happening to be honest, I know I had it (the airbox ) in the wrong place originally but its where it should be now, the engine sits on the engine mount properly?

you can see from this pic the problem

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2015, 02:52:14 AM »
Hi all well I've sorted the air intake problem and started filling and sanding the rear of the car, I would like to prime it so I can see what further filling and sanding will be needed but till Citroen France get back to me with either the colour code or the paint itself, I've no idea what primer to use, I don't want to prime it then have it all react with the top coat.

Offline Volkodav

• Counts rivits with his abacus...
  • Much older now...but procrastinating about it
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2015, 05:21:49 PM »
I was just thinking how much that looks like a real life restoration project at the moment, if you parked it in an appropriate garage diorama it would look real.

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2015, 02:25:15 AM »
Hi all well I've added the rubber piping that goes between the wings and the body and I've started the front seats (see if this works before I do the rear ones) I'm going to try the marbelling effect I used on the Kwak Z1 a while ago only not going to have so much of it, so this is just the base colour which would show through from the cracked vynle (how do you spell vynel vynal ????)

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2015, 03:21:26 AM »
Beautiful work, and I believe the spelling is "vinyl".