Author Topic: Tarangus Model Kits  (Read 8567 times)

Online kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding
Re: Tarangus Model Kits
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2017, 11:51:48 PM »
Not bad but I love the look of the floats on the SAAB

You're right, it is much cleaner

I don't know if the one in the pic I found is real, it appears to be but who knows 

I've got a kit of the Northrop N-3PB is the stash though, could be a good donor for a conversion
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 12:01:37 AM by kitnut617 »

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2017, 01:05:57 AM »
Use the floats from the N-3PB and then build the N-3 in the original landplane version with landing gear modeled after that of the Northrop Alpha or its siblings?

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
  • Turn that Gila-copter down!
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2017, 02:44:01 AM »
The XSB2C-2 was indeed real, it was the fifth SB2C-1 (s/n 00005) and was taken off the production line
to be converted to a floatplane, work was completed Sept. 1942 and USN tests started early in 1943.
Originally 350 were to be procured, but by the time tests were completed the USN was no longer
interested. However, it was the test-mount for the new free-moving twin .30 rear gun-mount that
became standardon the SB2C, replacing the powered twin-.50 mount
"Evil our grandsires were, our fathers worse;
And we, till now unmatched in ill,
Must leave successors more corrupted still."
Horace, 65BC - 8BC. Marsh translation.

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2017, 05:04:44 AM »

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2017, 09:29:15 AM »
 :icon_beer: Finally!  :icon_beer: Gonna need a dozen of those!  :-*  My poor, poor wallet!  :uuu:
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2018, 02:17:17 AM »
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
    • SketchUp 3D Warehouse - My Digital Models
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2018, 05:40:01 AM »
Looking at the few kit reviews on-line with images of the kit parts for the Lansen A32A and A32B.  The stores pylons are provided in both kits but in different locations.  A32A has the stores pylons attached to the parts runner with the left and right fuselage halves while the A32B has the stores pylons on the parts runner with the left and right horizontal tail surfaces.  Are these stores pylons identical?  Image quality for me is not showing me the details by which a determination can be made.  Anyone out there with better information?  I would appreciate your help. 

Thanks,
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2018, 07:14:37 AM »
The instructions show exactly the same parts layout, the only real difference is in the resin seats:
http://www.tarangus.se/a32a-lansen/instructions-ta4801/

http://www.tarangus.se/coming-soon-j32-lansen-fighter/instructions-ta4802-saab-j-32b-lansen-148/

Anyhow it appears the major differences between the A and J were equipment related/internal.
Realistically you could build either from the same kit.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
    • SketchUp 3D Warehouse - My Digital Models
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2018, 08:40:32 AM »
Thanks Jon, was not sure as the kit review image for the A32A had the parts on the runners as shown in the parts diagrams and the image for the A32B had the tail parts and pylons on a separated parts runner that was not inside of the two fuselage halves.  Image quality was not the best for either review and since both quantities were identical I was not confident that these parts were the same or different.  So the only differences between the kits is the seats, decals and box art.
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg