Author Topic: Type XXIII Uboat 1/144  (Read 6481 times)

Offline Paul Barnham

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
Re: Type XXIII Uboat 1/144
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2015, 10:45:56 AM »
Hi fellow modelers. Paul here. Im responsible for the Roma underwater wreck. An interesting idea and a popular concept at the Expo. As for the research i had plenty regarding the initial explosion and the subsequent forward magazine secondary boom but from then on it was pure imagination and artistic licence. regarding the water (blue and green food coloring mixed together) was easy to transport, i just tipped it out in the sink and refill when necessary. Great looking sub BTW, hope to see it at a display soon. Regards to you all.

Offline Islandern

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2017, 11:32:10 AM »
What a great build Buzzbom!

I am currently working on the type XXIII and specially U 2359 myself also in 1/72.

Have you or anyone here actual pictures of her (U 2359)? Have you found any particularly information regarding conning tower configuratio, example handrailings, spray protector and more? There was such a variation in configuration of those boats it seems.

Would be very glad for help.

Best regards,

Anders

Offline buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2017, 06:33:02 PM »
What a great build Buzzbom!

I am currently working on the type XXIII and specially U 2359 myself also in 1/72.

Have you or anyone here actual pictures of her (U 2359)? Have you found any particularly information regarding conning tower configuratio, example handrailings, spray protector and more? There was such a variation in configuration of those boats it seems.

Would be very glad for help.

Best regards,

Anders

Sorry Anders, outside of a press article, nothing.
This is just my attempt at a possible version of a sunken sub. Pure imagination with a nice kit as a basis

Offline Islandern

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2017, 01:24:42 PM »
Thank you for your reply. It is how ever a great diorama.

If someone else reads this, and have some good information regarding U-2359, please let me know.