Author Topic: Let's be about it  (Read 14826 times)

Offline Silver Fox

• Talk to me Goose!
Re: Let's be about it
« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2014, 06:10:07 PM »
If you delay Her Majesty, she will just do something bigger later. :)

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2014, 08:28:53 PM »
If you delay Her Majesty, she will just do something bigger later. :)
And she has such a large box of "toys" to work with.  I suspect Jim Kirk is going to become rather better acquainted with Adm. Gold Peak and her academy roomie, Dame Honor, than he previously has been.

Offline Silver Fox

• Talk to me Goose!
« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2014, 11:20:06 AM »
OK!

Damned near everyone who know Honor Harrington and has read this has told me to submit it to Baen Books... so I will.

The story needs to be edited to fit the timeline that has been established a bit better, and some plot points will have to change slightly.

The main part of the story will now be set between Jul 24, 1921 PD – Battle of Manticore and Feb, 1922 PD - Battle of Spindle, pretty much as it had done. That does force some minor changes though, like how Enterprise got left needing a Captain. My original is kind of screwed up on that point. I also need to do some fact checking. :)

I hope you people are happy! LOL!

Offline deathjester

• 'Remember - Tiredness Kills Hedgehogs...!'
  • His Mother-in-law has Tardis pockets...
    • stormfront models
« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2014, 05:35:41 AM »
Brilliant!  Good luck Sir, and remember that you have a cadre of fans right here!!

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2018, 06:51:39 AM »
For those who care, David Weber's novel concluding the war with the Solar League, Uncompromising Honor is due out in October of 2018.  I've read the eARC and it does wrap up that set of plot threads most thoroughly, though there are plenty more left open and a new one started with a unexpected budding romance between a couple of the younger characters (talk about the "Princess and the Pauper"!  It will be a Test!).

I won't spoil it, save to say that an increasingly desperate Solar League finds the "comes around" portion of "what goes around, comes around" to be most painful, indeed.