Author Topic: Goonie's Sci-Fi thread  (Read 11934 times)

Offline taiidantomcat

• Plastic Origamist...and not too shabby with the painting either!
  • Global Moderator
  • Stylishly late...because he was reading comics
Re: Goonie's Sci-Fi thread
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2015, 05:58:04 AM »
WOW!!  :-*
"They know you can do anything, So the question is, what don't you do?"

-David Fincher

Offline Dr. YoKai

• Was in High School when mastadons roamed the plains...
  • A notorious curmudgeon who is partial to...hemp!
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2015, 06:32:38 AM »
 Very nice. Layzner had the misfortune to come along about the same time as the early Gundam sequels, and never got much
 love. The show, as I recall, was fun, and the designs were a bit different from the norm, being about half the size of most of the
 Gundam machines, and configured to echo fighter design as much as armor. Almost all featured clear cockpits in the head and
 often had some form of wings.

Offline Goonie

• When the guy does a red tank, he does a RED tank!
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2015, 04:36:29 PM »
Thank's for comments !

@ Dr. Yokai
As you said it's a big misfortune that this show was somehow subdued by Gundam sequels. First season of Layzner shows quite the potential and got a bit of hard sci-fi tint (as I recall it's not so common feature in mecha anime).
Funny thing is that when the show was originally aired my homeland was still 'on the dark side of force / iron curtain' ;)
sci-fi - the best legal antidote for reality

Offline Goonie

« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2017, 11:06:15 PM »
Hello everybody :)
It's been a long time since my last post here, but I'm still alive (and hope to start kicking again ;) )
During last absence (almost 1,5 year without few days of sporadically presence) I've completed a few things, or at least finished or started one or two projects...

First of all, I think I've finished dealing with WH40k COIN Aircraft (finally  8) ) - Since last update I've added some markings, some battle damage and chipping (after all, these large propeller also works fine as a grinder for remnants of shot down enemy 'aircrafts' or hmm... 'flayers'? :D )
[Photos are courtesy of Artoor_K]

[link to album: http://s328.photobucket.com/user/Legate_Scimitar/library/WH%2040K%20Counter%20insurgence%20aircraft]
[thread on BTS: http://beyondthesprues.com/Forum/index.php?topic=5755.0]

Next thing is a figure - namely Ghost Rider, that turns out to be a poor quality clone of Knight Models original cast. 
I had bought it 2 years ago and since then it was collecting dust on the bench of forgotten projects. At least, not any more:

Base of this model as well as all 'pipes' and other structural elements was scratch build (except the flames - they came unchanged from original base but more 'dynamically' arranged).

Last but not least, I've started to build some vehicle that is heavily influenced by last 'Mad Max' movie 8)
here are few progress shots:

pilot and the gunner:

(two slightly modified sets of 1:24 figures - MASTER BOX 24007 - 1:24 World of Fantasy - Graggeron & Halseya and MASTER BOX 24008 - 1:24 World of Fantasy Kit No 2)

and this is more or less how it should have to look like when finished:

Uff sorry for such a kilometer long post but it's hard to compress more than a year of work ;)
That's it for now, it's pretty possible that some update on last project will be available soon, but can't promiss anything at the moment - let say that I'll need to finish first some commission mentioned in this topic by Artoor_K: http://beyondthesprues.com/Forum/index.php?topic=7014.0

« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 11:12:30 PM by Goonie »

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2017, 12:15:45 AM »
Looking good! :) :)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline perttime

• The man has produced a Finnish Napier Heston Fighter...need we say more?
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2017, 12:44:00 AM »
Love the WH40k COIN Aircraft. What's that word... Badass?
Where did that propeller come from, originally?

Offline Goonie

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2017, 01:07:01 AM »
Thanks guys ;)
Where did that propeller come from, originally?
Well that was a lucky shot, I've got a big problem with obtaining anything big enough from any model I can think of and only because in that time I've been slowly moving in to new house I was buying some wall plugs for shelves and I've found some 'decorative' variants of them  ;D
I'm pretty much sure that you're not gonna believe me so as a proof below is photo of second one from pair  8)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 07:20:16 AM by Goonie »

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
    • SketchUp 3D Warehouse - My Digital Models
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2017, 04:49:39 AM »
@Goonie,

Your Hotrod HMMWV Gun Truck certainly has a rather substantial pedestal mount inside for your roof top mounted gun. 

The tires with tracks in an outstanding upgrade for improved traction.  Flat tires are a thing of the past, eh?  :)

Hope you get it finished soon so we can appreciate your finished work.   
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Goonie

« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2017, 07:13:21 AM »
@Goonie,

Your Hotrod HMMWV Gun Truck certainly has a rather substantial pedestal mount inside for your roof top mounted gun. 

The tires with tracks in an outstanding upgrade for improved traction.  Flat tires are a thing of the past, eh?  :)

Hope you get it finished soon so we can appreciate your finished work.   
Well that substantial pedestal was actually a makeshift support for roof, just to put all things together for photo session  ;)
As for tires... Well I just doesn't have the adequate one and didn't want to spend too much time on searching for new so I've just take some toy like tires (rear couple) and all 4 from 1:35 Italerii HMMWV (front couple) and then as a filler used some spare gummy tracks from Tiger tank (and yes I know that I'm gonna fry in that special part of hell dedicated for Tiger violators :D ).

Offline kerick

• Responsible for all surrendered booty....Arrrr!!!!
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2017, 07:20:54 AM »
Outstanding choice for the crew too!