Author Topic: Mecha (and other flippin' big robot type things) ideas and inspiration  (Read 4395 times)

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
    • SketchUp 3D Warehouse - My Digital Models
Thanks Greg,

Mecha was the one term I did not search for.  Go figure   :P
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
    • SketchUp 3D Warehouse - My Digital Models
I have been corresponding with a maker at Shapeways by the name of Vladimir that has a lot of Robotech/Macross model accessories in various scales and one of the models he offers is called the TMM 201 missile in 1:60th scale which apparently is intended for a line of Macross/Robotech VF-1 Valkyrie models from DX Toys.  I asked Vladimir if he would be so kind as to scale the model up to 1:72nd and 1:48th scale.  He did honor my request and now in addition to the original 1:60th scale TMM 201 model there are now TMM 201 missile shapes for the 1:72nd and 1:48th scale Macross/Robotech kits plus anyone that has wanted a unique what-if weapon this is for you. 

Links to Maker and models:

Xigfrid's 3D shop

TMM 201 Missiles 1:72 scale

1:48 scale TMM 201 Missiles

This model caught my eye because it is not a traditional missile shape and has some rather stealthy features.  It is rather plain but I would expect that from a weapon that needs a low RCS.  The weapon is about 15.0' in length which puts it in the same size range as the AIM-7 Sparrow and the AIM-120 AMRAAM weapons and that means you can tart up pretty much any F-14, F-15, F18, etc., with a not so standard missile shape just to be different. 
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 11:34:49 AM by Jeffry Fontaine »
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
  • Turn that Gila-copter down!
I have this weapon set:

Some of which are making their way onto a modified Halcyon Aliens dropship, along with some brutish
Sov/Russian ordnance from a Zvezda set. The ship'll be pink in honour of Greg Ewald and the nose-art/name
will reference Ann Magnuson.
 ;D
"Evil our grandsires were, our fathers worse;
And we, till now unmatched in ill,
Must leave successors more corrupted still."
Horace, 65BC - 8BC. Marsh translation.

Offline dy031101

• Yuri Fanboy and making cute stuff practical- at least that's the plan anyway
  • Prefers Guns And Tanks Over Swords And Magic
RMS-1: something you "nuke it from orbit" with.
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: Mecha (and other flippin' big robot type things) ideas and inspiration
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2017, 04:45:01 AM »
All hail the God of Frustration!!!