Author Topic: Profile Requests  (Read 18342 times)

Offline Nexus1171

• SC
  • I go by many names...you may know one...
Re: Profile Requests
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2013, 06:45:40 AM »
I was thinking up a hypersonic aircraft idea and I'm wondering if anybody is willing to help out?

Sincerely,
Robyn *who secretly wonders if she can get somebody like Jose F, or Apophenia for the project*

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2013, 04:43:24 AM »
How about you make a start yourself rather than constantly asking others to do the work for you.  This way, you do the work your self (which gives you the satisfaction of creating it), have a better idea of what you are thinking of  and get to practise.  The more you do the better one gets.  Others may then either offer input/advice or even help you with the drawing.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Offline Nexus1171

• SC
  • I go by many names...you may know one...
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2013, 12:26:27 PM »
GTX Admin

I have a few basic images which I have stored away on my computer.  I could do a crude drawing when I get around to it to illustrate what I'm looking for in basic terms

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2013, 04:29:46 PM »
Sounds good.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Offline Logan Hartke

• High priest in the black arts of profiling...
  • Rivet-counting whiffer
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2013, 11:26:02 PM »
A crude drawing from AutoCAD exported to MS Paint for color was how I started.  Your first few profiles will be bad.  Mine certainly were!  You have to start somewhere, though!  Good luck and feel free to post on here if you have any questions!

Cheers,

Logan

Offline Damian

• Some of his profiles take longer to do than kits I've made...
  • Did you miss me?
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2014, 11:46:35 AM »
A crude drawing from AutoCAD exported to MS Paint for color was how I started.  Your first few profiles will be bad.  Mine certainly were!  You have to start somewhere, though!  Good luck and feel free to post on here if you have any questions!

Cheers,

Logan

I agree with Logan, below is my first profile. Take that first step, we all have our own artistic vision and where better to share it than here :)

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2014, 12:28:53 PM »
A V-22 in US Forest Service airborne tanker markings, it could be a natural in between what conventional helicopters and do and the passes by faster moving large piston and turbine aircraft.

Offline Tophe

• He sees things in double...
  • twin-boom & asymmetric fan
    • my models
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2014, 11:51:09 PM »
glosterfighterearlypaintscheme.jpg
Cheers,
Logan
Logan, your drawing inspired me to make a twin-boom derivative... (made with Corel PhotoPaint6):

Offline Logan Hartke

• High priest in the black arts of profiling...
  • Rivet-counting whiffer
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2014, 12:06:51 AM »
I'm happy to have provided inspiration. I revisited that design a little later and here's an example of one of those updated profiles. Keep in mind that this one is still over 8 years old.

Cheers,

Logan

Offline Tophe

• He sees things in double...
  • twin-boom & asymmetric fan
    • my models
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2014, 09:14:10 AM »
Great! :-*

Offline elmayerle

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2014, 12:42:53 PM »
Along the lines of my last request, Japanese V-22s.  I can visualize at least three, one on the OD scheme their transport V-107s use, one in a SAR scheme, and a "maritime assault" one in the two-tone blue used by their over-water strikes (F-4EJ, F-1, F-2).  I suspect you could several variations on the SAR scheme.

Offline elmayerle

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2014, 08:19:01 AM »
Since the squadron's 100 anniversary is coming up in 1918, I could see the 95th Reconnaissance Squadron, which currently operates "Rivet Joint" aircraft painting up on in special markings, derived, say, from those the squadron's P-26 aircraft wore in the 1930's, yellow trim on light blue with the red, white, and blue rudder stripes and yellow wings.  That could make for a marvelous scheme on a Rivet Joint airframe.

Offline Bryan H.

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2015, 01:35:53 AM »
Almost out of RN school and about to resume modeling, been a loooong time...  :) I've got a couple of Whifs ideas I'd like to complete for the Extended Life group build.  I'm looking to build an Irish Air Corps A-4 Skyhawk & Mirage F.1; both post-modernization.  I tried the search function for some suitable schemes but not finding anything.  I was thinking of the following schemes:

1) overall medium/dark/olive green (like Danish Drakens or late RNZAF A-4's)
2) olive/medium green over grey (similar to current IAAC camo scheme)
3) wraparound medium green and grey (like French Mirage F.1CT's) or
4) wraparound Euro 1 scheme (like RNZAF A-4's)

I'd like the A-4 and Mirage to have matching schemes

Any other ideas?  Any profiles I might have missed that would be good inspiration?

Thanks, cheers and happy modeling, Bryan

Offline M.A.D

• Also likes a bit of arse...
  • Wrote a great story about a Christmas Air Battle
Re: CAC-CA-31 Profile Request please
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2015, 06:44:21 AM »
Just found these beautiful photographs of the Australian CAC CA-31-007 mock-up at Australian National Aviation Museum, Moorabbin Sept 2014 (Photo by Brendan Cowan) at:

http://www.adf-gallery.com.au/gallery/CAC-CA-31/07_09_2014_CA31_007_Brendan_Cowan_0050

Dam! The last time I visited ANAM Moorabbin, this mock-up was in pieces and stored unceremoniously in a corner  :(

I would sincerely appreciate anyone who was able and willing to do a couple of detailed profiles of the CA-31 design in both proposed single and two-seat configurations – armed in the ground attack and lightweight fighter (gun pod on centreline, and a couple of Aim-9 Sidewinder's) configuration!
I envisage this lightweight ground attack / fighter being employed in Citizen Air Force Squadrons of:   
No 21 (City of Melbourne) Squadron
No 22 (City of Sydney) Squadron
No 23 (City of Brisbane) Squadron
No 24 (City of Adelaide) Squadron
No 25 (City of Perth) Squadron
(Thanks GTX  ;))
The CA-31 would complement the regular RAAF Mirage III's in a high/low type of mix, as well as performing advance training and lead-in fighter training.

I can also see the likes of India (instead of HAL Ajeet!), Malaysia and Singapore potentially employing the CA-31 design as a cost-effective lightweight ground attack fighter, if it was marketed properly by Australian Government  ;)

I'm sorry, but I have had no luck finding high res drawings  :(
But I will post what I have!

Thanks in advance

M.A.D
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 04:42:47 PM by M.A.D »

Offline M.A.D

• Also likes a bit of arse...
  • Wrote a great story about a Christmas Air Battle
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2015, 08:22:26 AM »
and a couple more pics....

If possible, I would also appreciate the incorporation of the French MATRA JK-200 weapons-drop tank systems, which combines 313lt fuel, 18 x 68mm FFAR and 4 x 250 lb bombs! This will afford the CA-31 to carrying a weapons load of 1815 kg on its four wing and two fuselage hardpoints!

M.A.D
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 11:56:11 AM by M.A.D »