Author Topic: Big Plane Kits.  (Read 3485 times)

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding
Re: Big Plane Kits.
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2019, 11:40:50 PM »
Along with the instruction sheet and decals was a paint mask (windows and a wavy shape for the dark cheat line), and two clear parts which are all the windows. There are two wavy cheat lines to use, which are slightly different in wave and the two doors are bigger on the separate sheet.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 11:44:29 PM by kitnut617 »

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2019, 11:49:22 PM »
In the next sheet of bubble wrap was a couple of packets of photo etch, a packet of resin parts and a packet of wheel hubs, separate brake calipers, and rubber tires. These wheels and tires look like they could have been produce by Avia Equipage Auto, the style looks similar. They are quite good with no flash (also reminds me of the Fujimi F-14 kit which has rubber tires)

Offline kitnut617

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2019, 11:51:35 PM »
A bubble wrap layer down we get to the injection parts, all in separate zip-lock bags. Detail parts mostly but one bag has the tail plane and fin in it.

Offline kitnut617

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2019, 11:54:19 PM »
Another layer down has the wings in one zip-lock (and have been removed from their sprues already and in two halves for each side), and then the wing box lower half and engine nacelles in another zip-lock

Offline kitnut617

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2019, 11:58:37 PM »
Finally at the bottom were the two fuselage halves.

All the sprues have quite small sprue gates and there's no flash on any of the parts that I can see without getting everything out of their bags. The decal sheet is very crisp, all in register and each decal is separate on the sheet. Instruction sheet is very clear on how it showing the assembly (sorry, the photos here turned out a bit blurry)

Offline kitnut617

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2019, 12:05:18 AM »
I forgot one bit, the section of fuselage around the cockpit area. It's moulded in clear styrene and in one piece, it will have a bulkhead at each end with the cockpit built up in between them. It came in it's own bag.

There's two nose cones, one in styrene and the other in resin. I haven't looked at them closely to determine if there's any differences though.

Once I've got my Airbus A410TP done (yes it's got a designation now  ;D ), this kit will jump to the front of the list as my next build.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 12:08:40 AM by kitnut617 »

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My webpage
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2019, 01:03:40 AM »
The sprue shots look good - they remind me of the old Huma low pressure kits.