Author Topic: Gingie's Build Thread  (Read 90583 times)

Offline tankmodeler

• Wisely picking parts of the real universe 2 ignore
Re: Gingie's Build Thread
« Reply #540 on: August 21, 2018, 11:02:15 PM »
Part of me doesn't want to clutter up the work surfaces with kit bits now :-/
Totally understandable.

However, if you find yourself building on a folding card table in the corner of the kitchen, then you know you really have a problem.

Offline apophenia

• Suffered two full days of rapid-fire hallucinations and yet had not a single usuable whif concept in the lot !?!
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #541 on: August 22, 2018, 06:35:54 AM »
I don't think I have completed more than 1-2 models since starting this 1-year reno almost 4 years ago!

These 1-to-1 scale builds can be major time-sucks! Your find-router-then-build-router-table-for-it reminds me of the 'Ink and Incapability' episode of Blackadder - where Edmund  needs to teach Baldrich how to read before he'll be able to proofread Dr. Johnson's new dictionary  :D
Under investigation by the Committee of State Sanctioned Modelling, Alternative History and Tractor Carburettor Production for decadent counterrevolutionary behaviour.

Offline Gingie

• The LAV sausage-maker…goes nice with a home made beer I understand
  • Has been to Tatooine...
« Reply #542 on: August 23, 2018, 07:35:32 AM »
LOL, yeah, and I forgot to add the 4 hours of you tube videos on "how to build a router table", which somehow ends up with me watching Primitive Man showing how to farm sweet potatoes at 2 am.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #543 on: August 23, 2018, 09:40:18 AM »
... which somehow ends up with me watching Primitive Man showing how to farm sweet potatoes at 2 am.

I know that type of youtube thread drift intimately. ;D
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #544 on: September 02, 2018, 04:56:03 AM »
... which somehow ends up with me watching Primitive Man showing how to farm sweet potatoes at 2 am.

I know that type of youtube thread drift intimately. ;D

Oh yeah
All hail the God of Frustration!!!