Author Topic: Hobby Boss  (Read 40322 times)

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: Hobby Boss
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2012, 02:18:45 AM »
Other August releases:

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Global Moderator
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2012, 06:43:50 AM »
I might just have to pick up one of them Alpha subs. Looks like perfect airship material!

Brian da Basher

Offline TerryCampion

• Be careful asking for his photos…he might send them to you!
  • Radish by a new moniker
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2012, 04:27:41 AM »
Bought examples of the new "quick build" 1/48th P-47D, Kityhawk P-40M and P-51D. All look as advertised on the box...photos soon.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
    • SketchUp 3D Warehouse - My Digital Models
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2012, 05:09:03 AM »
I might just have to pick up one of them Alpha subs. Looks like perfect airship material!

Turn the torpedo tube openings into panoramic view ports for the passengers and I think it would make a marvelous passenger airship. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2012, 09:19:19 AM »
The Hobby Boss website has the 2012-09 News Update (LINK) and the 2012-10 News Update (LINK)

2012-10 has the next variant of the 1/35 Panhard armoured car in form of the EBR-11 and, finally, the 1/72 Z-10 Chinese attack helicopter.

Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

plane art

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2012, 05:57:16 AM »
Err, guys...its a Me262A-1b which was powered with BMW 003 engines.

Here's some more kit details:

Kit is due out in August.

One interesting feature is the optional metal nose gear cabin – this also acts as a nose weight to stop this kit being a “tail sitter”.

Dear Guys hello!!
My name is Kostas Kavvathias and i am one of the artists who work for Trumpeter-Hobby Boss model companies! i live and work in Corfu-Greece!
I did the box art for the Messerschmitt 262A-1B and just wanted to inform that the strange ''onions'' at the engines are the normal tail ends of the BMW 003 jet engine! The Me-262A-1b was an effort to check the performance of the aircraft with the BMW 003 engines, instead of the normal 004 Jumo ones! I suppose the other guy was joking about the ''onions''!!
i hope i was able to help a bit!
Besides that, i am glad to have a look at your very nice site, and if there is anything i can be able to contribute, i'll be glad to do it so!
Have a nice day, or night, and please keep up the good job!!
                                                                                                               Regards, Kostas kavvathias    www.kostaskavvathias.com
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 03:54:17 AM by GTX_Admin »

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Global Moderator
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2012, 11:51:22 PM »
You've got to admit adding onions to jet engines would be total whiff and probably right up Radish's alley.

Brian da Basher

Offline Dr. YoKai

• Was in High School when mastadons roamed the plains...
  • A notorious curmudgeon who is partial to...hemp!
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2012, 02:46:58 AM »
 Welcome aboard, Kostas! I thought the nacelles on the 262 looked a little odd, but it makes sense if they're the 003 engines
 and not the 004. Did any of these ever see service?

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2012, 03:57:16 AM »
Definitely welcome aboard Kostas.  Outstanding artwork! :)  Do you have other examples of your artwork that you can show us please?

Regards,

Greg

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2012, 03:58:33 AM »
Did any of these ever see service?

I believe the 003 version was only a trial.  I don't believe any saw actual service...but in the whiff verse, we don't let that little fact get in the way do we. ;)

plane art

Hobby Boss
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2012, 07:25:34 AM »
Dear Greg, and rest of the guys,
Thank you for the wellcoming and i will be glad to be able to help in any way i can!!
As far as i was able to find, the Me-262A-1b was just tested on a few trials on the ground with the 003 engines on! i was not able to find more info! I did the image based on the data given to me by Hobby boss guys! In a way, the Me-262A-1b box art is a ''what if'' status! According to another info blog, that particular airplane did also a few short flights! After all finding info about Luftwaffe in late 1945 is a massive pazzle!
Also thanks Greg for the kind words about my art! I have done 25 paintings for Trumpeter-Hobby Boss up to now, and included are the box art for the 48th scale Trumpeter Spitefull, Seafang, Mig-23M flogger b,
Sukchoi-25A and UB, F-117A nighthawk in 32nd scale, plus all the Messerchmitt262's, F-14's,F4U-4 Corsairs from Hobby Boss in 48th scale!
Please have a look at www.Kostaskavvathias.com for more!!
Thanks again for the wellcoming, and happy to be part of your nice effort in the Magic world of Modelling!!!
Best wishes!!

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2012, 08:42:09 AM »
That is some nice work you have done.

plane art

Hobby Boss
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2012, 08:02:17 AM »
Thanks greg for the kind words about my art!!

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2012, 09:22:12 AM »
I'll second Greg, that's some gorgeous work.  I doubt I'll be able to afford it, but do you take private commissions and, if so, what are your rates?

Offline Doom!

• Slayer of pixels and plastic!
  • Glad to be here!
    • Doom Island 2
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2012, 11:14:42 AM »
Kostas, you've got a great style, very nice artwork, hope you share more of your art as you produce it.  :-*
Doom!
Jeff G.