Author Topic: Hawker Hunter Ideas and Inspiration  (Read 18100 times)

Online The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
Re: Hawker Hunter Ideas and Inspiration
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2018, 02:08:22 AM »
Or maybe RF-84F wing?

Or a modified lightning wing after I buy one of the Freightdog VG conversions.

I'd like to see that.
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline Kelmola

• Seeking motivation to start buillding the stash
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2018, 05:11:11 AM »
How about a straight-winged COIN variant? Make it a two-seater if it's supposed to be a FAC too.

Offline Volkodav

• Counts rivits with his abacus...
  • Much older now...but procrastinating about it
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2018, 12:11:36 PM »
How about a straight-winged COIN variant? Make it a two-seater if it's supposed to be a FAC too.

Interesting.  Maybe a bash of a hunter and a seahawk to give you a swept wing seahawk and a straight wing hunter, i. e. a nose transplant.

Offline KiwiZac

• Who said Kiwis can't fly...though this one can organise for a kit of the Fletcher FU24 to be produced!
  • The Modeller Formerly Known As K5054NZ
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2018, 04:56:36 AM »
I like the tandem two-seater Greg shared - VERY Hawker - and the fake Fitter. I do love the idea of an RAAF Hunter in Avon Sabre marks, too.

It'd be nice to see someone else tackle an RNZAF Hunter, I did one in 2006:
NZ66311 by Zac Yates, on Flickr
"He's more real-world now than whif..."

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
    • SketchUp 3D Warehouse - My Digital Models
« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2018, 08:23:20 AM »
Is there an after-market product for the gun bay/package on the Hawker Hunter?  48th scale of course. 

Also, for anyone that has an interest in probe and drogue type IFR, where would you place the IFR apparatus?  In one of the gun ports as was done on the F2H-3/4 Banshee?  Along side the fuselage as was done on the A-4 Skyhawk?  On top of the air intake as was done on the Harrier?  Folding or fixed? 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2018, 08:30:58 AM »
Also, for anyone that has an interest in probe and drogue type IFR, where would you place the IFR apparatus?  In one of the gun ports as was done on the F2H-3/4 Banshee?  Along side the fuselage as was done on the A-4 Skyhawk?  On top of the air intake as was done on the Harrier?  Folding or fixed?

I'd go with a Harrier or A-7 type folding probe to either the fuselage just above the intake or to the top of the intake (starboard side, obviously).

BTW, I have an 1/48 A-7 probe unit that could go spare, if you need it.
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
    • SketchUp 3D Warehouse - My Digital Models
« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2018, 09:42:13 AM »
@ Guy/Old Wombat - Thanks for the offer but I have plenty of both types you described plus several other types including the original style AV-8A/C|Harrier GR IFR
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #97 on: July 12, 2018, 11:03:54 AM »
Is there an after-market product for the gun bay/package on the Hawker Hunter?  48th scale of course. 

I'd argue for something like the Harrier's fixed probe with the probe mounted so that it won't cause interference with the intake airflow and any spilled fuel during transfer will not get sucked into the inlet.  Alternatively, perhaps a F-100 style wing-mounted refueling probe?

Offline Daryl J.

• Assures us he rarely uses model glue in dentistry
« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2018, 12:20:24 AM »
I wonder what sort of elegant, functional shapes the British would have come up with had modern composite technology been available for the Hunter's wing.
kwyxdxLg5T

Online The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2018, 01:23:35 AM »
How is this Daryl? Not the most modern wing but looks cool. RF-84F Thunderflash wings.

Hunter-RF-84F
by Big Gimper, on Flickr
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline Daryl J.

• Assures us he rarely uses model glue in dentistry
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2018, 11:18:59 PM »
Oh that's cool!
kwyxdxLg5T