Author Topic: Hawker Hunter Ideas and Inspiration  (Read 24810 times)

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
Re: Hawker Hunter Ideas and Inspiration
« Reply #120 on: September 09, 2018, 02:34:25 AM »
I was thinking of the Draken more because, especially if I use bits from Revell's early-model Draken, it gives me a place to locate the braking parachute even with the afterburner.  Now, a Hunter upgraded and re-engine with a RM12 or F404/F414 could be very interesting.

Offline Volkodav

• Counts rivits with his abacus...
  • Much older now...but procrastinating about it
« Reply #121 on: July 26, 2019, 10:32:26 PM »
Been thinking a bit on the Hunter and its possibilities and an idea struck me, how about the UK supplies Hawks (as in land based P1040 / Sea Hawks) as well as productionised P.1052 and P.1081, Hunters, and productionised P.1083 and P.1099 (and hybrids there of) and then maybe Lightnings to Israel instead of France supplying successive Mysteres, Super Mystere and Mirages etc.  Israel contributes requirements that are incorporated into the base versions as well as upgrades before things are brought to a halt by sanctions post Six Day War.  Israel then goes it alone developing their own production version of an enhanced Hunter (and Lightning) as the Kfir……..

Normally I would have Australia doing all this but the simple truth is good international relations and a stable economic / strategic environment means there often isn't the justification of such developments.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #122 on: July 27, 2019, 03:32:25 AM »
Some inspiration:

Some other possible schemes:

All hail the God of Frustration!!!