Author Topic: F-5 Freedom Fighter, Tiger, F-20 Tigershark, X-29 concepts and proposals ...  (Read 7530 times)

Offline Daryl J.

• Assures us he rarely uses model glue in dentistry
Persian Independence Air Force markings?
kwyxdxLg5T

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues

Which would be?
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Offline jcf

• Miracle Worker!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • The Anarchist!!!

Iran = Persia and vice versa, also the population of Iran is over 60% Persian and they are the
dominant ethnicity in all ways ... so from whom are they claiming independence?

Or are you positing a Persia that was conquered and remained under the control of the Ottoman, Mughal
or Russian Empire?
"L'avion accuse ..." - Le Corbusier

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
A couple of T-38 proposals (courtesy of http://ghostmodeler.blogspot.de/2012/09/talons-in-space-northrops-n-205-proposal.html):

Supersonic VIP transport:

T-38 VTOL variant:

1/32 T-38 would make into cool 1/72 transport !
But there aint one far as I know.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 02:01:26 PM by finsrin »

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues

1/32 T-38 would make into cool 1/72 transport !
But there aint one far as I know.

Collect-aire did one...good luck finding one though:

Offline Daryl J.

• Assures us he rarely uses model glue in dentistry
It would be a rebel force against the current administration(s) found in that land.   The F-20 would be pitted against the indigenous F-5 derivative that's been developed.  (whatever that aircraft is called, I don't remember its name at the moment).   

Or it would be a force against a greatly enlarged Khemed that a much older Tintin would cover.   Khemed would have a swept wing MiG-21F and the Persians  the F-5E/F.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 12:56:54 AM by Daryl J. »
kwyxdxLg5T

Offline dy031101

• Yuri Fanboy and making cute stuff practical- at least that's the plan anyway
  • Prefers Guns And Tanks Over Swords And Magic
Rather than the N-156NN, it likely would've been a later design development, the N-251B which had a raised cockpit compared to the N-156 and increased wing area.

Do you happen to have a line drawing for this?

(Assuming it doesn't have anything to do with the first post in this thread...... by mentioning N-156NN again I am looking for a CVE-compatible fighter jet......)
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • ‹ber Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
Unfortunately, I didn't borrow and copy that brochure when I had the chance (co-worker on a classified program there had it and getting things in and out was a pain at times).

Regarding a 1/48 T-38, didn't Fujimi do one? 

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding
Unfortunately, I didn't borrow and copy that brochure when I had the chance (co-worker on a classified program there had it and getting things in and out was a pain at times).

Regarding a 1/48 T-38, didn't Fujimi do one?

PAK-20 book says for T-38A/D:

Academy; Fujimi (reboxed by AHM and Bachmann); Hasegawa (reboxed by Minicraft); Sword; Testors.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Isn't one of the Chinese companies supposed to be releasing one soon?

Offline elmayerle

Given the similarity between the T-38A and the F-5B, I'd expect it to be AFV Club along with all their other F-5 kits.

Offline Diamondback

• SC
  • Head of the crew dog fan boy club
Am I the only one who thinks that naval concept looks a bit like the outcome if an F-5 knocked up an Su-25 Frogfoot?

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
Am I the only one who thinks that naval concept looks a bit like the outcome if an F-5 knocked up an Su-25 Frogfoot?

Ok, go it.  The half breed look is there.

Offline elmayerle

X-29 with F-20A cockpit and nose with vectoring LO nozzle on a F414.  Four or six underwing stores points with pylons shaped to avoid the moving portions of the wing.

Offline Rafael

• El capitŠn del Cartůn
  • Head of the Venezuelan Brigade
X-29 with F-20A cockpit and nose with vectoring LO nozzle on a F414.  Four or six underwing stores points with pylons shaped to avoid the moving portions of the wing.

Great concept, Evan. And very doable. Please, refresh my understanding: "moving portions of the wing" as in control surfaces, or as in parts that don't flex inflight?. And what's the shape of that 2-D nozzle?, I know I've seen it, but can't precisely find it.
I don't take life seriously. I'm not getting out of it alive anyways.