Author Topic: Boeing B-29 Superfortress ideas and inspiration  (Read 51763 times)

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding
Re: Boeing B-29 Superfortress ideas and inspiration
« Reply #255 on: December 01, 2019, 02:54:58 AM »
^ Ah well I was proceeding under the assumption of NIH syndrome for US as well as any potential US-sourced foreign B-29s. For some reason I regard the Washington as a separate entity to the B-29. Stupid brain! For British-refitted Washingtons, myriad options open up! Bristol Orions would be my preference or for a timeline closer to OTL, go with Tynes.

An Orion-Washington would be just fine for the later stages of Operation Firedog or Blue Steel trials as well as electronic shadow games above the Baltic....I'd still want the main deterrent in the hands of the V-Bombers though.

Well 1/72 Tynes are available from Aircraft in Miniature

Offline Rickshaw

• "Of course, I could be talking out of my hat"
« Reply #256 on: December 01, 2019, 10:43:41 AM »
^ Ah well I was proceeding under the assumption of NIH syndrome for US as well as any potential US-sourced foreign B-29s. For some reason I regard the Washington as a separate entity to the B-29. Stupid brain! For British-refitted Washingtons, myriad options open up! Bristol Orions would be my preference or for a timeline closer to OTL, go with Tynes.

An Orion-Washington would be just fine for the later stages of Operation Firedog or Blue Steel trials as well as electronic shadow games above the Baltic....I'd still want the main deterrent in the hands of the V-Bombers though.

Well 1/72 Tynes are available from Aircraft in Miniature

They are?  Where?  Do you have a link, please? 

Offline apophenia

• Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #257 on: December 01, 2019, 12:54:06 PM »

They don't seem to be in AIM catalogue at the moment. A set was sold as Transport Wings (TWC72031) "Canadair CL-44J Conversion (Tyne engines)" for the Mach 2 Britannia kit.

You may want to email them about future availability ... http://www.aim72.co.uk/page142.html
"She can't afford no cannon ... She can't afford no gun at all"

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
« Reply #258 on: December 01, 2019, 09:04:03 PM »

They don't seem to be in AIM catalogue at the moment. A set was sold as Transport Wings (TWC72031) "Canadair CL-44J Conversion (Tyne engines)" for the Mach 2 Britannia kit.

You may want to email them about future availability ... http://www.aim72.co.uk/page142.html

Standalone Tynes would be a nice additional to their Dart engines.
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding
« Reply #259 on: December 01, 2019, 10:30:36 PM »
It is as Stephen says, part of the CL-44 conversion set. You get them from Hannants. BTW, AiM hasn't updated their website since Aug 2018  -----   ???  I think they have a farcebook page but I don't go there so can't say for sure. I just check the Hannants AiM page periodically  ---

Below are the other bits you get in the CL-44 conversion, fuselage plugs and a clear windshield.