Author Topic: The Addams Family goes to the beach  (Read 24130 times)

Offline Buzzbomb

  • Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
Re: The Addams Family goes to the beach
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2026, 06:18:27 AM »
So good  :smiley:

Offline Kerick

  • Reportedly finished with a stripper...
Re: The Addams Family goes to the beach
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2026, 11:46:47 AM »
Thank you!

Offline Old Wombat

  • "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Re: The Addams Family goes to the beach
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2026, 04:29:35 PM »
 :smiley: 8)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Kerick

  • Reportedly finished with a stripper...
Re: The Addams Family goes to the beach
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2026, 04:04:02 AM »
Just to prove I haven't abandoned this project altogether.





The boys have received some paint but consider this just a try out. Things may change colors but the PSR is done. I need to make Uncle Fester's fur collar. I picked two 1/48th pilots from the spares and checked to see that they fit in to back seats. Pugsly is on the right and Wednesday on the left of the buggy. Now I have to figure out how to make pigtails for her hair. Carving the pilot details off was easier than I expected.

This is the look I'm going for.


Offline apophenia

  • Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
Re: The Addams Family goes to the beach
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2026, 05:52:51 AM »
Just to prove I haven't abandoned this project altogether...

Yea! ... photographic evidence   :D

Progress is looking most excellent  :smiley:
It's all fun and games until someone chews through the tree with the eyrie on top.

Offline Buzzbomb

  • Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
Re: The Addams Family goes to the beach
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2026, 07:10:33 AM »
 Very good scale-o-Rama on the children, overall the figures are really evolving  :smiley:

Offline Kerick

  • Reportedly finished with a stripper...
Re: The Addams Family goes to the beach
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2026, 07:52:37 AM »
A friend of mine is working on a 3D printed Morticia as I’ll never be able to carve her from a tanker figure.

Offline Kerick

  • Reportedly finished with a stripper...
Re: The Addams Family goes to the beach
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2026, 06:06:45 AM »
A friend of mine from my model club made a 1/35th Morticia Addams for me. It came out fantastic! I’ve been painting her with flat black acrylic and glossy black ink for her hair. It’s a little too glossy right now so I’ll let it dry for a couple of hours and see what it looks like.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2026, 07:17:20 AM by Kerick »

Offline apophenia

  • Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
Re: The Addams Family goes to the beach
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2026, 07:11:45 AM »
A friend of mine from my model club made a 1/35th Morticia Addams for me. No way I was going to carve her from some tanker figure! It came out fantastic! I’ve been painting her with flat black acrylic and glossy black ink for her hair. It’s a little too glossy right now so I’ll let it dry for a couple of hours and see what it looks like.

Sounds good. Looking forward to seeing this 3D Morticia  :smiley:
It's all fun and games until someone chews through the tree with the eyrie on top.

Offline Kerick

  • Reportedly finished with a stripper...
Re: The Addams Family goes to the beach
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2026, 09:43:46 AM »
Here's the real deal, so to speak.



The black ink did not work. After 24 plus hours it had not dried at all. Two seconds under running water and it was gone. The acrylic I used on her dress is very fragile. Just handling it with my finger starts to wear it off. I might have to remove it all and start over. It's the Apple Crate brand from the craft store. Oh well, live and learn.

Offline apophenia

  • Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
Re: The Addams Family goes to the beach
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2026, 04:02:21 AM »
A pity about your paint and ink problems ... but your modelling club buddy's Morticia sculpting is most excellent!  :smiley:
It's all fun and games until someone chews through the tree with the eyrie on top.

Offline Kerick

  • Reportedly finished with a stripper...
Re: The Addams Family goes to the beach
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2026, 04:07:08 AM »
Morticia's hair has been repainted. I'll have to pick out a clear coat to tone it down. I used good old Testor's gloss black.



I assembled a cop to be chasing the Addams family off the beach. Officer Paddy O'Brien has the night shift, and nobody is allowed on the beach after midnight!



I used the head and hat from a British figure from the Minicraft Bantam jeep kit and random figure parts from the spares box.
I'm building the Tamiya Willy's jeep kit for the rest of the family to ride in. Lurch is still upset as he's sure he cannot fit in either one of them.

Offline apophenia

  • Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
Re: The Addams Family goes to the beach
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2026, 05:19:20 AM »
Looking good!

Your 'combo cop' has a great pose (and what is it with policemen and mustaches?) but kudos again to your modelling club buddy and his excellent Morticia sculpt  :smiley:
It's all fun and games until someone chews through the tree with the eyrie on top.

Offline Kerick

  • Reportedly finished with a stripper...
Re: The Addams Family goes to the beach
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2026, 01:24:55 PM »
I’ll forward your appreciation of his print.
He’s sporting quite a cookie duster! He looks good as a cop or maybe a train conductor.

Offline Kerick

  • Reportedly finished with a stripper...
Re: The Addams Family goes to the beach
« Reply #39 on: Yesterday at 12:47:58 PM »
I have leftover tires and chrome wheels from the 1/24th Pinto I used on the  Schibblemobil that look like nice fat sand tires on the jeep. I’ve had to jack up the suspension to make it fit.
I’m nuts. I’m supposed to have this finished for our club’s contest on Saturday. My wife threw her back out and I’ve got dr appointments all week. And now I have to paint a cop! We shall see what happens!
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 12:56:02 PM by Kerick »

Offline Buzzbomb

  • Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
Re: The Addams Family goes to the beach
« Reply #40 on: Yesterday at 02:20:22 PM »
That Morticia is an awesome figure. Painting Blacks on blacks on blacks is difficult for the best figure painters.

Offline Kerick

  • Reportedly finished with a stripper...
Re: The Addams Family goes to the beach
« Reply #41 on: Yesterday at 09:31:40 PM »
Lurch is the same problem. Although I came across a drawing of the original Addams family from the New Yorker and Lurch was wearing a green suit. Not sure if that was authentic.
I haven’t tried a satin type clear coat for Morticia’s hair yet. I haven’t tried some acrylic spray of the shelf I may try. Lots of touch up to go yet.

Offline Buzzbomb

  • Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
Re: The Addams Family goes to the beach
« Reply #42 on: Today at 05:40:18 AM »
Looking back on the Police figure, which is again a very good cross kit with the arms, my first impression of the head

General Melchett