Author Topic: dy031101's Mental Notes  (Read 176231 times)

Offline dy031101

• Yuri Fanboy and making cute stuff practical- at least that's the plan anyway
  • Prefers Guns And Tanks Over Swords And Magic
Re: dy031101's Mental Notes
« Reply #450 on: May 11, 2020, 10:41:01 AM »

The Kestrel, in the single-seat A and two-seat B varieties, serves various air forces of the Independent World Coalition Forces in a similar capacity to the F-16 in the Frontier Air Force.

Armaments include two wingtip and six underwing stations for disposable ordnances, as well as two 27mm cannons in the LERX.  The wingtip and outer-most underwing stations are originally cleared to carry only Sidewinder-class short-ranged air-to-air missiles, but the development of a new Aspide medium-range missile version with smaller, less-draggy "clipped" aerosurfaces soon led to the outer-most underwing stations being used to carry this missile; an active radar-guided variant is recently deployed.

A Mid-Life Update was carried out early during the war against the League of Kings terrorist group, featuring improved avionics and modified intake to add hardpoints for targeting pods.  Updated aircraft and new aircraft built to this standard are designated AM for single-seaters and BM for two-seaters.

================================================

(It's actually the Hawker-Siddeley P.1202-9 with RB.431 turbofan; I don't know if it can carry BVRAAMs on wingtips)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 11:41:50 AM by dy031101 »
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?

Offline dy031101

« Reply #451 on: May 15, 2020, 01:20:02 PM »

Air-to-air loadout for early Kestrel A.

Vought Model 1600 dressed up as the F-16 in Ace Combat 2.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 09:24:54 AM by dy031101 »
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #452 on: May 18, 2020, 11:01:34 PM »
Kestrel looks cool!  8)

The F-16 in Ace Combat colours is also quite interesting. Never really paid much attention to the Hasegawa boxings of Ace Combat subjects. That will have to change.  :smiley:
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline dy031101

« Reply #453 on: June 21, 2020, 01:13:50 PM »

A marginally-less-lazy attempt to do a fictional early-model MiG-21/J-7 upgraded to use the Derby missile than my previous one.

I normally disdain MiG-21 ;D other than the tailless Analog-144, but the contrast between an early model of this venerable aircraft and 21-century missiles gets a pass, so to speak.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 03:57:09 PM by dy031101 »

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Global Moderator
« Reply #454 on: June 22, 2020, 01:43:50 AM »
I like it.  :smiley: A pity not more -21s are getting newer radars. Some of the feasible upgrades could make them quite potent aircraft even today.
Cheers,
Moritz

Offline dy031101

« Reply #455 on: July 04, 2020, 02:51:28 PM »

Made some alterations to the Alt-ROCAF Mirage 4000 drawing found online.

The first involves changing the rudder blue-white stripes to the correct pattern (six white ones and six blue ones), removing the "Chung-Cheng" writing on the nose (first, such writings would be applied only on aircraft built, whether licenced or indigenously designed, in Taiwan; and second, even if the Mirage was to be built in Taiwan, it'd have used someone else's name since "Chung-Cheng" is already used on the F-5E/F), and switching the inflight refueling probe to the right hand side.

The second one is brought up to the same standard as the real-life Mirage 2000Ei except for the MICA-IR intended to get the aircraft ready for 21-century WVR combat.

Okay back to finishing the Cutlasses......
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:31:18 AM by dy031101 »

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Global Moderator
« Reply #456 on: July 04, 2020, 08:00:07 PM »
Sexy!  :-*
Cheers,
Moritz

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #457 on: Yesterday at 03:09:05 AM »
Nice.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #458 on: Yesterday at 06:33:46 AM »

Offline dy031101

« Reply #459 on: Yesterday at 08:19:08 AM »
I lied- a thought involving putting MICA-IR onto a Mirage III crossed my mind and it quickly led to a detour from the Cutlasses *banging head*

The choice of operator is kinda inspired by an old what-if post elsewhere involving the KMT having won the Chinese Civil War.

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:58:21 AM by dy031101 »

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #460 on: Yesterday at 10:48:07 AM »
Very nice!