Author Topic: Two Possible Ideas That I am Thinking About Doing  (Read 2115 times)

Offline PFJN

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
Re: Two Possible Ideas That I am Thinking About Doing
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2024, 12:28:43 PM »
Hi,
Sorry that I haven't been posting much lately, but I got distracted by a couple other things for a while.  Right now, this is how my build looks, with the superstructure now firmly attached, and the hull fittings painted. 

Additionally here is a picture of some of the remaining parts to be fitted,including the 3D printed Tiki Bar and some the 3D printed boats, cranes davits, beach umbrellas and volleyball net. 

The net shown in that image is an earlier try I made, where the mesh was too fine to see when printed.  As such I remodeled the net, and a close up of it is shown below.  It looks kind of fuzzy since I had to blow it up so large, but you can actually see most of the openings that I tried to model in it.  I tried to "stain" the art with a wash but accidentally used brown instead of black, so I am going to try and recolor it again tomorrow.  I may alos try and reprint the Tiki Bar as well, since I accidentally cracked this one while trying to straighten it.

I'm hoping to soon have the sandpaper cut and glued to the aft deck to represent some sand and once that is done (and one or two other things) I can try and start gluing all my 3D printed stuff on.

:)

Offline PFJN

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
Re: Two Possible Ideas That I am Thinking About Doing
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2024, 12:07:32 PM »
Hi,
I finally got the davits, main crane, "beach" and Tiki Bar in place.  I have several of the boats ready to mount, but still have to print out a few others.

Pat