Author Topic: Hinamaru Havoc II  (Read 20140 times)

Offline taiidantomcat

• Plastic Origamist...and not too shabby with the painting either!
  • Global Moderator
  • Stylishly late...because he was reading comics
Re: Hinamaru Havoc II
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2015, 05:13:41 AM »
I have moved and am starting a new job, along with the rug rat, which continues to exist... I thought it was just a temporary M-F 9-5 gig, but apparently its much longer hours, like 24/7/365 for 18 years. 7 months down at least. SWMBO says I can teach him to drink and curse someday as a reward, but boy does 10 years seem like a long way away. With life getting so crazy I can't even set up my bench, I'm still trying to unpack and organize and I have a ways to go (maybe months) before I am settled in. But I am dying to do SOMETHING! So I found my old Japanese P-38, and I am going to rescribe it, and get it refurbished. No idea how far I will take it exactly, and what I will alter but it should help get the ball rolling. In the meantime I am also going to try and sketch and even give some pixels a shot to keep the creative, sleep deprived juices flowing.

"Before" shots

Engine. I am going to drill a new hole so the new props will be centered to make it look more like a radial

these are the implements of desctruction, bagged so I can move to a fresh flat surface and get something done an hour at a time before packing things away.

Some Flags I downloaded and then altered in Paint. Its basic, but its something I was thinking they could be IJA unit flags, for infantry or armored divisions:

pretty simple to do just took what others had done and added a spot.

In other news, I have unpacked my japanese military books and had forgotten just how many I had, and how many are extremely in depth so there is a lot of ideas to find. I also checked my computer and through a lot of right click saving and other DLing have over 7,000 japanese pictures over the years including whifs  :)

"They know you can do anything, So the question is, what don't you do?"

-David Fincher

Offline Tophe

• He sees things in double...
  • twin-boom & asymmetric fan
    • my models
« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2015, 12:33:34 PM »
 :-* Weird Japanese P-38... Is this a Lightning with radial engines? Will there be huge spinners with no frontal air-intake? (to justify the rear coolers on the booms) I know some rare radials were liquid-cooled, is that the explanation? or artistic fantasy? ;)

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2015, 02:39:05 AM »
I thought it was just a temporary M-F 9-5 gig, but apparently its much longer hours, like 24/7/365 for 18 years.

Good to hear life is going well albeit busy.  If you didn't know the above beforehand...well.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Offline kerick

• Responsible for all surrendered booty....Arrrr!!!!
« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2015, 10:53:18 AM »
I thought it was just a temporary M-F 9-5 gig, but apparently its much longer hours, like 24/7/365 for 18 years.

Good to hear life is going well albeit busy.  If you didn't know the above beforehand...well.

That can change in a heartbeat. Make hay while the sun shines!

Offline taiidantomcat

• Plastic Origamist...and not too shabby with the painting either!
  • Global Moderator
  • Stylishly late...because he was reading comics
« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2017, 01:56:45 AM »

Blast from the past that will be stripped down and given new life here soon hopefully  ;)

I'm also looking into a few simple projects I can do that will demonstrate some concepts I have been curious about for a while
"They know you can do anything, So the question is, what don't you do?"

-David Fincher

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2017, 10:51:31 AM »
Yeh! Yeh! Given the news in the F-15ski thread, it ain't gunna happen! ;)

You think one's a handful! Ha! ;D
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline andonio64

• Fio Piccolo's understudy
« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2017, 03:19:43 PM »
WOW taiidantomcat!
I love all of your creations, they are amazing...

Unfortunately there are so many pics that dio not appear any more in the first half of this thread...

It would be great if you could share them with us again!

Ciao!

Antonio