Author Topic: TTomcat Target Profiles  (Read 3544 times)

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: TTomcat Target Profiles
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2016, 02:32:34 AM »
Yikes!!
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Offline taiidantomcat

• Plastic Origamist...and not too shabby with the painting either!
  • Global Moderator
  • Stylishly late...because he was reading comics
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2016, 04:09:24 AM »

Last one. Sorry I couldn't find a larger AAV-7. This is Soviet "Tuna Boat." O0  As a small thank you to Lemon Jello for hosting this mad house   :)
"They know you can do anything, So the question is, what don't you do?"

-David Fincher

Offline LemonJello

• MARPAT Master
  • Member number 100...WooHoo!!!
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2016, 08:37:12 PM »
Hey, that's pretty cool!

Offline taiidantomcat

• Plastic Origamist...and not too shabby with the painting either!
  • Global Moderator
  • Stylishly late...because he was reading comics
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2016, 10:59:21 PM »
AAVs are hard to whif but I have a few ideas  8)
"They know you can do anything, So the question is, what don't you do?"

-David Fincher

Offline LemonJello

• MARPAT Master
  • Member number 100...WooHoo!!!
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2016, 04:34:05 AM »

I know what you mean. I actually have 3 different kits of the ol'Tuna Boat in the stash. The Hobbyboss offering will get made as-is, a Tamiya kit that will get some kind of upgrades or a NLOS-type system in the troop area and a Modeller (??? Tamiya rip-off, motorized) boxing that I've scavenged the UGWS turret from for my riverine project that may get completely parted out for a potential EFV WhIf.

Offline apophenia

• Suffered two full days of rapid-fire hallucinations and yet had not a single usuable whif concept in the lot !?!
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2016, 08:30:00 AM »
Of your design studies, my personal fave is the conventionally-placed scale-o-rama Abrams turret on the T-54. But your BMP/T-34 mash-up has huge potential!

A few thoughts pop up on potential AAV whifs. One would be to second-guess the AAV-SU and come up with your own take on the Survivability Upgrade. Alternatively, come up with whif plans for the remaining 2/3rds of the 'stock' AAV fleet.

I had a go at a shortened AAV-7 (attached below) because ... ??

In the Profiles section, I also had a go in at using the AAV-7 track system for a distinct USMC IFV series.
http://beyondthesprues.com/Forum/index.php?topic=351.msg118979#msg118979
Under investigation by the Committee of State Sanctioned Modelling, Alternative History and Tractor Carburettor Production for decadent counterrevolutionary behaviour.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2016, 11:27:12 PM »
So, that'd be the Tuna Dinghy, then. Yah? ???
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2016, 03:37:13 AM »

Oh, I don't know.  Any sort of turret on rear deck - e.g. 155mm SPG.  Maybe a MLRS setup in rear compartment?  VLS missile system in same area?  Remove rear altogether and replace with flat deck for cargo?  Do brightly coloured civilian scheme?  Do martian version?

Offline apophenia

• Suffered two full days of rapid-fire hallucinations and yet had not a single usuable whif concept in the lot !?!
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2016, 12:39:15 PM »
Under investigation by the Committee of State Sanctioned Modelling, Alternative History and Tractor Carburettor Production for decadent counterrevolutionary behaviour.

Offline dy031101

• Yuri Fanboy and making cute stuff practical- at least that's the plan anyway
  • Prefers Guns And Tanks Over Swords And Magic
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2016, 04:00:02 PM »
I came to a belated realization regarding the "Abrams Turret On Panther Hull" idea......

One of your photos shows a Tiger II kit box, and the Tiger II technically has a sufficient turret ring size for T-54/55 turret......

Is a Jaguar turret close enough in terms of aesthetics?

Granted, this suggestion is likely gonna be useful only to people who scratchbuild since I am not aware of any commercially-available kit for the Type 59 Jaguar......
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 11:41:13 PM by dy031101 »
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2016, 02:51:50 AM »
since I am not aware of any commercially-available kit for the Type 59 Jaguar......

Not aware of anything currently available.  In fact, searching on "Type 59 Jaguar model kit" gives you something totally different (though quite pleasant):

That aside, one could possibly use a 1/35 MR Modellbau Israeli M60A3 Patton -SABRA- Conversion Kit to create something somewhat similar looking: