Author Topic: Treadhead/Armour Guidance 1 Oct - 30 Nov  (Read 4438 times)

Offline LemonJello

• MARPAT Master
  • Member number 100...WooHoo!!!
Treadhead/Armour Guidance 1 Oct - 30 Nov
« on: September 28, 2016, 08:44:44 PM »
Armour/Armor – a protective covering that is used to prevent damage from being inflicted to an object, individual or vehicle by direct contact weapons or projectiles, or from damage caused by a potentially dangerous environment or action.

Orientation:  This is the warning order/rules for the 2016 Treadhead/Armour Group Build.  As always, the primary objective is to have fun, share ideas, be creative and have fun.

Situation: As previously set forth by higher headquarters, it is the appointed time and place on the calendar for the Treadhead/Armour Group Build.  Therefore, in keeping with higher’s intent, we will conduct said Group Build with a focus on having fun and sharing in this hobby.

Mission: NET 20161001 00:00:01 (your local time) and NLT 20161130 23:59:59 (your local time) you will locate, close with, and create a project that would be best described as Armored.  Armed/Unarmed projects are both welcome for inclusion.

Execution: Projects can be physical or digital, real or imagined, from any point in time from the moment of the Big Bang to the collapse of the universe into one super-massive singularity.  The only limit is that your project “natural environment” is in contact with the ground (ANY ground).  Legs, skis, wheels and tracks are all acceptable examples of meeting this requirement but are not strictly limiting factors.  Fun must be had while this mission is being conducted. 

Admin & Logistics: Questions, concerns and requests for amplifying instructions should be directed to the moderator. Electronic communication methods are preferred. Written requests will be entertained, but must be filed in quintuplicate and submitted for review thirty (30) days prior to the publishing of this document.  Time travel devices are not, repeat, NOT authorized for use in order to meet this requirement.   

An extension MAY be granted at the whim of the moderator in order to facilitate completion of projects.

Command & Control: Really? With this group?

Armour/Armor – a protective covering that is used to prevent damage from being inflicted to an object, individual or vehicle by direct contact weapons or projectiles, or from damage caused by a potentially dangerous environment or action.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 07:45:55 PM by LemonJello »

Offline Tophe

• He sees things in double...
  • twin-boom & asymmetric fan
    • my models
Re: Treadhead/Armour Guidance 1 Oct - 30 Nov
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 11:33:14 PM »
Armour/Armor – a protective covering that is used to prevent damage from being inflicted to an object, individual or vehicle
Is this only for land vehicles and people? or is an armoured aircraft all right? ???

Offline taiidantomcat

• Plastic Origamist...and not too shabby with the painting either!
  • Global Moderator
  • Stylishly late...because he was reading comics
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 11:35:18 PM »
Armour/Armor – a protective covering that is used to prevent damage from being inflicted to an object, individual or vehicle
Is this only for land vehicles and people? or is an armoured aircraft all right? ???

"The only limit is that your project “natural environment” is in contact with the ground (ANY ground).  Legs, skis, wheels and tracks are all acceptable examples of meeting this requirement but are not strictly limiting factors.  Fun must be had while this mission is being conducted.  "

:)
"They know you can do anything, So the question is, what don't you do?"

-David Fincher

Offline LemonJello

• MARPAT Master
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 12:46:47 AM »
This is one of those rare Group Builds that is focused on the land element ("targets" in aviation parlance)...

A tracked, submersible dive bus

Or

An asteroid ore mining walker

Or

A construction site, powered suit/mecha

would be a few examples that are also in keeping with Moderator's Intent.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 12:48:48 AM by LemonJello »

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
  • Turn that Gila-copter down!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 03:04:05 AM »
Howabout a translation for the people who don't speak Pentagon/mil-jargon?  ;D
"Evil our grandsires were, our fathers worse;
And we, till now unmatched in ill,
Must leave successors more corrupted still."
Horace, 65BC - 8BC. Marsh translation.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 07:54:22 AM »
OK, of course I have 2 armour builds on the go right now & both are well past the "Can I please include this, sir?" stage of construction (one's at final weathering stage). ::)

Luckily, I have 3 more armour kits stacked by the table waiting to be started! :D
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Crbad

• I'd buy that for a dollar!
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 08:52:02 AM »
Should we submit build threads in SALT/SALUTE format?
What kind of resistance can we expect along the avenue of approach?
Phase lines?
Is there an ORP? LOA?
Command and Control: All build activity will be conducted in accordance with the whims of swmbo.
Craig's Bureau of Aeronautics Design: Shoddy engineering and marginal skill for the undiscerning modelling enthusiast.

Offline LemonJello

• MARPAT Master
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 09:49:53 AM »
OK, of course I have 2 armour builds on the go right now & both are well past the "Can I please include this, sir?" stage of construction (one's at final weathering stage).
Please post those builds in the inspiration thread!

Should we submit build threads in SALT/SALUTE format?
You should follow local SOPs in regards to format, as long as fun is had in the process.

What kind of resistance can we expect along the avenue of approach?
Unknown. Depends on SWMBO/CinC Home's mood regarding unplanned, but vitally needed acquisitions of kits, aftermarket parts and supplies.

Online finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 09:52:45 AM »
Said well Mr. LemonJello  :)

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2016, 02:06:05 PM »
OK, of course I have 2 armour builds on the go right now & both are well past the "Can I please include this, sir?" stage of construction (one's at final weathering stage).
Please post those builds in the inspiration thread!

Builds are currently active in the Physical Models: Land forum under the Scimitar Down-Under thread, a FV521AS Warrior 90mm Recce/Fire Support Vehicle thread will commence soon.
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2016, 06:42:37 AM »
Can we start now...please

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Offline LemonJello

• MARPAT Master
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2016, 07:40:49 AM »

You may start when the clock strikes midnight on 1 Oct 2016 in the timezone you currently occupy.  I won't be deducting points if anyone gets a little head start.

Offline Feldmarschall Zod

• Kitbasher extroinadaire
  • Holding Pattern
  • I hope that's not the sound he makes...
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2016, 09:34:26 AM »
Now to figure out what to build. I am leaning towards an IDF M46 Patton.
Every time you eat celery,an angel vomits in a gas station bathroom. Tanks rule. I know the load is late,but the voices tell me to pull over and clean the guns.

Offline LemonJello

• MARPAT Master
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2016, 09:41:26 AM »
Now to figure out what to build. I am leaning towards an IDF M46 Patton.

I'd like to see that.

Offline taiidantomcat

• Plastic Origamist...and not too shabby with the painting either!
  • Global Moderator
  • Stylishly late...because he was reading comics
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2016, 09:55:44 AM »

You mean start Meow?
"They know you can do anything, So the question is, what don't you do?"

-David Fincher