Author Topic: 1/144 Zvezda 747-800 ANZ WIF  (Read 3059 times)

Online finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
Re: 1/144 Zvezda 747-800 ANZ WIF
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2016, 10:23:43 AM »
Paint scheme, large & small lettering, stripes all look real and right.
Interesting and convincing are passenger windows with shades open, closed, in between, and what appears to be seat surfaces.  Cool build 8)
Like to se you build ANZ propliner.

Offline KiwiZac

• Who said Kiwis can't fly...though this one can organise for a kit of the Fletcher FU24 to be produced!
  • The Modeller Formerly Known As K5054NZ
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2016, 05:40:16 AM »
They are digital decals from Old Model Decals (NZ) - a combination of 747-400 "Pacific Wave scheme" and the 777 decal set
I'm a repeat customer of theirs, I had a bad experience with some A-4K inkjet decals but then a great one with a digital sheet for the Fletcher topdresser. I've just finished another RNZAF model which is inkjet - if the markings didn't have a white component, they went on beautifully. I've had to replace the roundels and remove some other parts because they wouldn't stick, regardless of how much Micro-Set and Sol I used!

You've done a great job. Bring on the 777!
"He's more real-world now than whif..."

Offline Madhatter

• BTS's Tony Stark
  • trainee plastic surgeon
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2016, 06:15:30 PM »
yeah - I remember I bought some older C-130 decals from him that were inkjet and I didn't realise you had to spray on any clear coat on them before immersing them in water, so of course they bled like crazy. I told him what happened and he sent me another set free of charge.
You don't get that issue now with the digital decals and he is phasing out the old inkjets with digitals - which are also on better decal paper.
Your issues with a lack of stickiness maybe due to the age of the decal paper.
I find if you contact him with any issues he does replace them - usually free of charge (depending on what the issue is of course)
2 Reasons why a model is better than a wife:
1) A model doesn't get jealous when you look at another model
2) A model doesn't yell at you for spending money on another model