Author Topic: 1/35 Special Forces figure with Minigun  (Read 597 times)

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Re: 1/35 Special Forces figure with Minigun
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2019, 12:59:25 AM »
Don't know what paints you're using but the green of the actual camo looks close to Tamiya Olive Green (XF-58), the tan looks close to Tamiya Buff (XF-57) & the brown looks like a mix (approx. 1:1) of Tamiya NATO Brown (XF-68) & Flat Earth (XF-52).

To tone down or "fade" the colours I'd use a very thin mix of Tamiya Deck Tan (XF-55) misted over from an airbrush, if you have one.
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Ramba

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2019, 01:02:28 AM »
Don't know what paints you're using but the green of the actual camo looks close to Tamiya Olive Green (XF-58), the tan looks close to Tamiya Buff (XF-57) & the brown looks like a mix (approx. 1:1) of Tamiya NATO Brown (XF-68) & Flat Earth (XF-52).

To tone down or "fade" the colours I'd use a very thin mix of Tamiya Deck Tan (XF-55) misted over from an airbrush, if you have one.

I just replied back on the What If Forum.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2019, 02:36:58 AM »
I fixed it. I used the appropriate MM enamels. Here is the redone BDU camo with the MM enamels. Well, the green and the tan are MM enamels. I left the brown as is. It just needs a flat coat now.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2019, 08:06:23 PM »
Got the head/helmet painted and the skin tone on the arms. Needs some touch ups but the smallest brush I have is a 3/0. I need a little smaller with a finer tip like a 4/0 or 5/0 for some of the finer touch ups. Hoping to pick some up soon so I can finish it. The rifle needs painting as well. When I finish the touch ups and rifle then it will get a flat coat.