Author Topic: An Me509- to fight cancer!  (Read 15656 times)

Offline chukw

• has lots of thumbs
    • Www.chukw.com
Re: An Me509- to fight cancer!
« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2013, 10:58:00 PM »
Not to drag this back but I do want to say thanks!   Cliffy, the girls are in leave until my next German build- Pfennig, too!   We'll have new coins and a new lass for the IAR.  :D   Finsrin, the aircraft wheels are True Details with the bulges sanded waaaay back- they're the treadless, smooth variety.  The Kubel wheels are staight from the box- with the seams sanded off, taking some of the tread, too.  Makes 'em look like they've gone across all of Africa, doesn't it?  Cheers, GeeTee- does that mean I can post "real" aircraft on these boards?  Is there a specific place for non-whiffers? 

Cheers!
chuk

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2013, 02:12:21 AM »
Cheers, GeeTee- does that mean I can post "real" aircraft on these boards?  Is there a specific place for non-whiffers? 

Always!  Whilst we have a tendency towards the what if type subjects, we also welcome real world just as much.  There is no special place since they can just go in the same Current and Finished Projects areas as other builds.

Regards,

Greg

PS.  This goes for profiles as well.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Offline Queeg

• Master armour builder
  • Lost but now foun .... nope - still lost!
« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2013, 06:28:34 AM »
This project and blog is just stacked with awesome .........  :-* :icon_beer:

Brent

Offline Nexus1171

• SC
  • I go by many names...you may know one...
« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2013, 10:30:57 AM »
I'd have to say I love this thread on so many levels

Firstly, I admire charity work (especially when it goes to reputable charities who are actually in it to help people with conditions like... cancer) and I think it would be awesome if there were more art projects devoted to this so hats off!

Secondly, I love the aircraft design

Offline chukw

• has lots of thumbs
    • Www.chukw.com
« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2013, 10:27:46 PM »
Thank you kindly, gents!   I was hoping to get a start on the IAR 81C this past weekend, but Sunday afternoon my wife suddenly realized that she had left her wallet on a vendor table at the flea market.  Bummer- especially now that she has to go through the joys of the DMV.  :P   I did spend a fair amount of time looking through the kit and the lovely book bt Radu Brinzan.   I've got some fun detail work ahead of me! 

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Global Moderator
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2013, 04:09:38 AM »
I'm looking forward to it, Chuk! The IAR 80/81 is a favorite of mine and it's going to be a lot of fun to see your take on it.

Brian da Basher