Author Topic: Saunders Easy Eight.  (Read 3594 times)

Offline Feldmarschall Zod

• Kitbasher extroinadaire
  • Holding Pattern
  • I hope that's not the sound he makes...
Saunders Easy Eight.
« on: September 19, 2017, 06:08:41 AM »
The Tamiya kit. I must say that this model was a real joy to build. No drama at all. I used Dragon DS tracks, I cut two links off  per side. I added a wee bit too much Tamiya buff to their olive drab. I did add some scratchbuilt grab handles, PE straps for the tools, and a metal tow cable.  For the clear matte coat, AK Interactive Ultimate matte clear.
That stuff is the best. Screw Vallejo matte clear. I thinned it at a ten drops matte to one drop thinner. I then sprayed heavily thinned Tamiya buff at a nine drops thinner to one drop paint,

The markings are from Saunders from Girls und Panzer. They did not use this particular variant,
Every time you eat celery,an angel vomits in a gas station bathroom. Tanks rule. I know the load is late,but the voices tell me to pull over and clean the guns.

• Holding Pattern
Re: Saunders Easy Eight.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 06:11:27 AM »
More pics.
Every time you eat celery,an angel vomits in a gas station bathroom. Tanks rule. I know the load is late,but the voices tell me to pull over and clean the guns.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 09:40:28 AM »
Looks good, Herr Feldmarschall! Very good! 8) :smiley:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Jacques Deguerre

• Older and fatter but not wiser.
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 01:10:15 AM »
That's very nice work and really inspiring! I have one of these kits in the stash and was wondering what to do with it myself. Maybe an update for Ooarai's Uasagi Team? Because heck, who wouldn't want a late model Sherman with a knife wielding rabbit painted on it?

And I'm really surprised that Saunders doesn't use the Easy Eight since they have some pretty obscure tanks like the M4A6.

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 06:46:35 AM »
Looks good, Herr Feldmarschall! Very good! 8) :smiley:

Thank you. :smiley:

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 06:49:00 AM »
That's very nice work and really inspiring! I have one of these kits in the stash and was wondering what to do with it myself. Maybe an update for Ooarai's Uasagi Team? Because heck, who wouldn't want a late model Sherman with a knife wielding rabbit painted on it?

And I'm really surprised that Saunders doesn't use the Easy Eight since they have some pretty obscure tanks like the M4A6.
Thank you. This kit went together real well. I have heard the kit tracks will bow in some at the sprockets. So test fit before you glue the ends together.

I too was surprised Saunders did not have all Easy Eights. They are the richest school after all.

Offline Claymore

• It's all done with smoke and mirrors!
  • Alt Hist AFV guy with a thing for Bradley turrets
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 02:25:24 PM »
Excellent touch on the paint job. Very nice indeed.  :smiley:
Pass the razor saw, there is work to be done!

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2017, 05:48:10 AM »
Excellent touch on the paint job. Very nice indeed.  :smiley:

Concur! I'd be incredibly well-pleased to pull something off that was half as nice!

Brian da Basher

Offline Volkodav

• Counts rivits with his abacus...
  • Much older now...but procrastinating about it
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2017, 06:36:25 PM »
 :smiley:

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2017, 06:15:41 AM »
Sorry for the late reply. Thank you everyone. :smiley:  It won second place at the Armorcon contest.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 04:22:12 PM »
 :smiley: 8)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."