Author Topic: Photobucket woes +++ Now with FIX for Firefox & Chrome! (late Aug 2017)  (Read 480 times)

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My webpage
Re: Photobucket woes
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2017, 07:00:51 AM »
BTW folks Imgur also has a no third-party hosting policy explicitly stated in their Terms of Service,
for the moment they don't seem to be actively enforcing it for general folks, business use is a no-no,
however in light of PB's action, this may not last.

Yet... most of reddit is imgur posts. They even include handy links, including bbcode to insert images into bulletin board threads. They may mean using imgur to host files for a web site (vs. a social site like this)

Offline FAAMAN

• 'bin building for years ....... and it feels it!
  • Always thought of himself as a 'straight' modeller
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2017, 07:18:18 AM »
I just spent a wonderful 27 days of "spare" time repairing all my forum picture posts after PhotoRansom broke my links.
I've re-uploaded everything to Flickr and the edited EVERY post I can find with Flickr links.
I've completely ditched PhotoRansom, they could have actually informed it's users of what they were intending and give us a choice :icon_vader:
Regards all
Neil 8) 8)
"Resistance is useless, prepare to be assembled!"

Offline Alvis 3.1

• Self acknowledged "Bad Influence"…but probably less attractive than Pink
  • The high priest of whiffing
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2017, 02:38:30 PM »
This was posted on ARC by "11Bee", and it appears to work for now.

Free Photobucket fix that works for old posts in Firefox and Google Chrome...

Got this in an email from 72ndAircraft, it worked for all my old posts here and on Britmodeller:

Some direct links to get extensions for Firefox and Chrome browsers to delete the PB ransom demand and restore the original image:

Firefox extension https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-embedded-fix/?src=search

Chrome extensionhttps://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-embed-fix/naolkcpnnlofnnghnmfegnfnflicjjgj?hl=en

This is a painless exercise, it simply adds an extension to the browser and doesn't alter anything in your account or computer registry. Thanks to rubenandres77 on the RevellAtions forum for the heads up to this fix.

Now it may be a copy/paste to your addy bar if the links don't work direct.
Hope this helps.

It's a simple click and so far appears to work. Time to right click/save what you can gents.

Alvis 3.1

Offline Alvis 3.1

• Self acknowledged "Bad Influence"…but probably less attractive than Pink
  • The high priest of whiffing

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: Photobucket woes +++ Now with FIX for Firefox & Chrome! (late Aug 2017)
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2017, 04:00:33 AM »
Anything for Safari?
All hail the God of Frustration!!!