Author Topic: ZiS-3 Gun  (Read 3318 times)

Offline Camthalion

• The man has done a pink tank...need we say more?!
ZiS-3 Gun
« on: February 22, 2017, 12:28:45 PM »
Bought an Italeri ZiS-3 ages ago for a project that has changed direction.  So looking for something simple painted it up anyway and added a base.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 11:59:25 AM by Camthalion »

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Re: ZiS-3 Gun
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 02:02:31 PM »
Used to see one of those things in almost every modern Russian towed artillery unit stationed in East Germany back in the day.  Sole purpose was to perform the close-in anti-tank defense role which would have given the gun crews time to retrain their weapons to address the new close in threat.  Always stood out in the crowd of other gun tubes and easy to recognize on aerial imagery from the Berlin Air Corridors :) 

Looks like you have captured the action quite well.  Great work!
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 01:35:29 AM »
Nice, simple build with a few figures = a nice way to relax! :)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Story

• Nicht mein Zirkus, nicht meine Affen...
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 07:05:50 AM »
This is a 1990's Zvezda or Revell Zis-3 turned into an early Cold War Zis-2 57mm ATG.

Offline Camthalion

• The man has done a pink tank...need we say more?!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 07:18:18 AM »
This is a 1990's Zvezda or Revell Zis-3 turned into an early Cold War Zis-2 57mm ATG.
Nice.  I have a Miniart one around somewhere can be made as either I think.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 08:16:22 AM »
@ Story - nice conversion!  Looks very convincing and plausible. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg