Author Topic: Bandai 1/35 Kamen Rider Series Battle Hopper & Shadow Moon  (Read 2420 times)

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
Bandai 1/35 Kamen Rider Series Battle Hopper & Shadow Moon
« on: August 28, 2019, 12:30:49 PM »
A few days ago, I saw the Bandai Mecha Collection Kamen Rider Shadow Moon and the Battle Hopper:

and it looked like a detailed, inexpensive motorcycle kit. I saw some built-ups on the web and it looked close to 1/35 in scale. The low price was worth it - so I bought it on the chance that it was 1/35 (or close).

The kit is from an old Japanese show called Kamen Rider. The page gives the length and height of the real motorcycle. I measured the kit motorcycle and I get a length of 61mm and height of 36mm, which scales very closely to 1/35, or pretty close for government work.

Pardon the crappy photography. My camera seems to have bad spherical aberration at some zoom levels. Here's the snap-tite built up model:

Here is Masterbox's interpretation of Milla Jovovich, riding a Zvezda 1/32 Dnepr M-72/BMW R-71:

Motorcycles without riders:

Milla going for a test ride. She would have fit perfectly if not for the back sides of her duster:

Here's the rider from the Gulf War era DML 1/35 US Light Infantry with Motorcycle:

All the riders, plus a Tamiya 1/35 slightly undersized figure:

I also added a 1/35 resin head to the rider:

The rider makes a good base figure for an astronaut or futuristic soldier.

I think this motorcycle and rider kit can be called 1/35. What say you, sirs?

« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 12:33:26 PM by Frank3k »

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Re: Bandai 1/35 Kamen Rider Series Battle Hopper & Shadow Moon
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 12:33:17 PM »
1:33.3 and call it a day!  :smiley:

Definitely close enough to not matter except to those that suffer from Acute Fanboy Syndrome.  Swapping heads on the figure is also showing that it is damned near 1:35th scale as it does not look out of proportion to the body of the figure. 
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 12:36:43 PM by Jeffry Fontaine »
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 03:30:14 PM »
I'd call it 1/35. :smiley:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline LemonJello

• MARPAT Master
  • Member number 100...WooHoo!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 09:58:35 PM »
I concur: 1/35.

Lots of possibilities with this bike and rider.  Cool.

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 03:49:43 AM »
Don't know how I missed this but that looks great!

Can't help with scale, I'm afraid. I just call it all 1/72 unless it's wee then I call it 1/144...

Brian da Basher