Author Topic: Dies the Fire - Bearkiller Advanced Recon - Finished !!  (Read 16588 times)

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
Re: Dies the Fire - Bearkiller Advanced Recon - Finished !!
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2012, 01:35:47 AM »
Great job! The figures look amazing. What paint did you use for the skin tones and hair?

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2012, 08:14:10 AM »
Frank,

I only use Vallejo paints for faces with Citadel washes.  I use a basic flesh mix (50/50 sunny skin tone and Salmon Rose), then lighten it up and thin for the highlights.  Then for figures like this that re not really going head to head with other figures, I then use the Citadel Ogryn Flesh wash (or whatever it is called today) to give the depth.

The washes dry matt so they are just fantastic for this kind of work. 

Thanks all for the encouraging comments

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2012, 11:32:25 AM »
I only use Vallejo paints for faces with Citadel washes.  I use a basic flesh mix (50/50 sunny skin tone and Salmon Rose), then lighten it up and thin for the highlights.  Then for figures like this that re not really going head to head with other figures, I then use the Citadel Ogryn Flesh wash (or whatever it is called today) to give the depth.

I'm doing a couple of figures with Vallejo right now - did you brush paint the base coat (many thin layers, I assume) or did you airbrush the base, then brush painted the highlights? Some of the non-Cadmium containing Vallejo flesh colors can be airbrushed.

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2012, 06:26:45 AM »

Frank, all brush work over a spray undercoat.. usually of white. Vallejo paint and to probably the same extent Citidel paints brush beautifully, but multiple thin coats is good as well.

Offline Cliffy B

• Ship Whiffer Extraordinaire...master of Beyond Visual Range Modelling
  • Its ZOTT!!!
    • My Artwork
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2012, 09:57:16 AM »
This is beyond cool man!!!  Awesome job  8)

Can you post some more close-ups of the guys and possibly the weapons.  I love homemade weapon designs and really want to see what you came up with.

-Mike
"Radials growl, inlines purr, jets blow!"  -Anonymous

"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."  -Tom Clancy

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."  -Anonymous