Author Topic: 1/12th Formula 1 Rebuilds  (Read 338 times)

Offline ScranJ51

• Fast Jet, Fast Prop, Fast Racing Cars - thats me!!
1/12th Formula 1 Rebuilds
« on: February 01, 2024, 12:16:43 PM »
I have a large collection of 1/12th F1 cars in my stash.  i had trouble finding a Brabham BT44B at a reasonable price so bought the second hand one in the hope of it being in reasonable state.

These three cars I bought second-hand in various states:

Brabham BT44B

The guy who started it was not (I expect) a very experienced modeller and it seems like he was using super glue instead of the normal glue.  He had also painted the main chassis body Cream (you can just see a little inside the front suspension - it was in place so I could not get at that paint) for some strange reason, so I had to scrap that paint all off.  Everything was there so it was simply a case of finishing the build without too much trouble.  None of the decals were in place and a couple broke up on application.

BT44B-1 by David Freeman, on Flickr

BT44B-2 by David Freeman, on Flickr

BT44B-3 by David Freeman, on Flickr

Renault Re20

This was a little different - unfinished and I think the guy might have dropped it at some stage.  Again maybe not an experienced modeller - he had the rear air cooling scoops fitted backwards!!!  To parts of the exhaust are missing but it came together reasonably well.

RE20-1 by David Freeman, on Flickr

RE20-2 by David Freeman, on Flickr

RE20-3 by David Freeman, on Flickr

Lotus JPS MKIII

This one had definately been dropped.  A rear wing end fence was broken but i was able to get it back looking ok. One of the side skirts was missing so i had to scratch build a replacement.  I was surprised at so little damage (I feared the worst originally).

JPS MKIII-1 by David Freeman, on Flickr

JPS MKIII-2 by David Freeman, on Flickr
« Last Edit: February 01, 2024, 12:18:21 PM by ScranJ51 »
Fast Jet, Fast Prop, Fast Racing Cars - thats me!!

Offline Story

• Nicht mein Zirkus, nicht meine Affen...
Re: 1/12th Formula 1 Rebuilds
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2024, 04:38:27 PM »

Ticket.
Race cars.
I crack myself up.

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
Re: 1/12th Formula 1 Rebuilds
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2024, 06:58:17 AM »
excellent job !  I have saved & recycled a few kits too. :smiley: