Author Topic: 1/76 Rhodesian Army FV101 Scorpion  (Read 3582 times)

Offline Some Duck with an Ultimax

• Now known as "Ducky"
1/76 Rhodesian Army FV101 Scorpion
« on: August 03, 2019, 09:11:35 PM »
I have a lot of ideas for this GB, but I’m going to start with this:

Generated from my Apple iPhone using tools.sportscard.trade

It’s an Airfix Scorpion Tank, I’m not planning to modify it at all in building, but I’m going to paint it in the colours of the Rhodesian Army. I might make a little base for it, too, we shall see.
Never trust a man who tells you that you have too many paints, for he is obviously a liar and will most likely try to deceive you again in future.

• Now known as "Ducky"
Re: 1/76 Rhodesian Army FV101 Scorpion
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 05:02:38 AM »
Well fuck that, I’m going to do something else
Never trust a man who tells you that you have too many paints, for he is obviously a liar and will most likely try to deceive you again in future.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 05:07:57 AM »
Well fuck that, I’m going to do something else

Well that was quick.  Things not work out mate? ;D
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

• Now known as "Ducky"
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 05:54:40 AM »
Well, this is how it’s looking at the moment:

A short while ago it looked more like this:

And before that it looked like this:

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 07:29:52 AM »
Well, that looks definitive! Is there a Plan B?
Froglord: "... amphibious doom descends ... approach the alter and swear your allegiance to the swamp."

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2019, 03:04:40 PM »
Short, sharp & shiny ... but fails to explain "Why?" ???
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

• Now known as "Ducky"
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2019, 04:49:33 PM »

The tracks, man, the tracks were terrible. Not only were they about half an inch too short, they were almost totally inflexible and fitting them onto the running gear ended up being a downwards spiral of hell. By the time I’d bodged them into looking not even decent, the tension on the idler and sprocket had forcefully bent the lower hull plate inwards, making it nigh on impossible to build up the lower hull - but not totally impossible. I eventually bodged that together, put it down on the table, leant back - and it promptly imploded. At which point I destroyed it in rage. And then set fire to it.

Yes, and a plan C as well. This has messed up my planned schedule but I have many ideas for African vehicles, and I’ll try to start my next one this evening.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2019, 07:37:35 PM »

The tracks, man, the tracks were terrible. Not only were they about half an inch too short, they were almost totally inflexible and fitting them onto the running gear ended up being a downwards spiral of hell. By the time I’d bodged them into looking not even decent, the tension on the idler and sprocket had forcefully bent the lower hull plate inwards, making it nigh on impossible to build up the lower hull - but not totally impossible. I eventually bodged that together, put it down on the table, leant back - and it promptly imploded. At which point I destroyed it in rage. And then set fire to it.

Fair enough. ;)

Yes, and a plan C as well. This has messed up my planned schedule but I have many ideas for African vehicles, and I’ll try to start my next one this evening.

Good to see you have a back-up plan or two! :smiley:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."