Author Topic: Orange Hobby  (Read 6041 times)

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
Orange Hobby
« on: December 19, 2013, 10:52:59 PM »
Orange Hobby, whom I've only had on the radar for ship kits and PE parts, are about to release a 1/72 F-35C! More pics on ARC (LINK).

Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: Orange Hobby
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 02:08:13 AM »
Interesting…now if only someone would do one in1/48...
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 03:39:13 AM »
Could very well happen if this company is allied with Kitty Hawk models :)
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Volkodav

• Counts rivits with his abacus...
  • Much older now...but procrastinating about it
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 05:50:31 AM »

Well you could always buy a high end 3D scanner / printer and rescale one yourself. ;)

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 06:37:10 AM »
Now how would a chinese model company have the info to produce one of these ?

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 07:27:43 AM »

Honestly? Google! Pictures, dodgy line drawings,.... Just like everybody else. When someone (I think it was Revell) wanted to take a measuring tape to a Raptor for a new kit, they were politely, but assuredly turned down.
Where else would a Chinese company get their info from? From the government's hackers? Seriously, why would the government risk disclosing that they have in fact gained access to JSF programme data for something as insignificant as a plastic toy plane? A lot of (some say most) Chinese manufacturers don't seem to care all that much about measurements on aircraft they would have the possibility to take a tape measure to, why should they be any more concerned about the measurements of a plane that's not even in front-line service yet?
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 07:31:02 AM »
With a properly plotted image a lot of pertinent dimensional data can be obtained and the margin of error is well within acceptable limits. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Cliffy B

• Ship Whiffer Extraordinaire...master of Beyond Visual Range Modelling
  • Its ZOTT!!!
    • My Artwork
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 09:21:07 AM »
Oooo...seems they're moving into the realm of injection kits!!!  I hope that means injection ships will follow!  So far we've only seen resin kits from them.  Could it be?  8)
"Radials growl, inlines purr, jets blow!"  -Anonymous

"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."  -Tom Clancy

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."  -Anonymous

Offline Volkodav

• Counts rivits with his abacus...
  • Much older now...but procrastinating about it
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 09:36:20 AM »
Oooo...seems they're moving into the realm of injection kits!!!  I hope that means injection ships will follow!  So far we've only seen resin kits from them.  Could it be?  8)

Hope so, they do some very interesting stuff although I haven't bought any yet

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2013, 12:04:57 AM »

Honestly? Google! Pictures, dodgy line drawings,.... Just like everybody else. When someone (I think it was Revell) wanted to take a measuring tape to a Raptor for a new kit, they were politely, but assuredly turned down.
Where else would a Chinese company get their info from? From the government's hackers? Seriously, why would the government risk disclosing that they have in fact gained access to JSF programme data for something as insignificant as a plastic toy plane? A lot of (some say most) Chinese manufacturers don't seem to care all that much about measurements on aircraft they would have the possibility to take a tape measure to, why should they be any more concerned about the measurements of a plane that's not even in front-line service yet?

Got ya, it just looked quite good that's all which was why I was wondering.  How accurrate does it look Greg ?  I do have some experience of drawing/building things from provided photos and it's not a very reliable way of doing things as usually there wasn't any dimensions to work with ---

Offline Rickshaw

• "Of course, I could be talking out of my hat"
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2013, 01:09:42 PM »
I wish they'd make the a complete set of all the versions with the wings separate, that way we could do a proper "mix and match".   I'd like a B fuselage with a C wing or an A fuselage with a C wing.  ;)

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2013, 03:02:36 AM »
How accurrate does it look Greg ? 

Looks reasonably accurate - at least enough to make a good model and enjoy oneself. ;)
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.