Author Topic: ModelMaster Paints  (Read 3748 times)

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
ModelMaster Paints
« on: November 28, 2019, 12:50:58 AM »
I was in town yesterday for a doctor's appointment and afterwards went to the LMS to get some paint. Learnt some disturbing news about ModelMaster paints*. Talking with the shop owner, he told me that this time next year (or there abouts) what he has for the brand will be no more. He explained that ModelMaster had been bought out by a European company, who's plan was to market the brand in Europe. But it won't happen, apparently the paint doesn't meet EU health regulations and they don't plan on changing the formulas. So instead of trying to sell the brand back to a North American enterprise, they are just discontinuing the products, all of them. The LMS owner then told me Testors paints will follow suit. The owner told me he has one more large order coming in then that will be it ---

* although what I was told wasn't exactly clear if it meant all paints, or just the enamels.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Re: ModelMaster Paints
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 01:38:29 AM »
@Robert,

ARC has been lamenting on this issue for some time now: Home »  General Discussion - NO POLITICS » General Discussion  » Testors is Gone - International Sales Affected

Hopefully other affordable alternatives to the affected product line can be found and the hobby will march past this bump in the road. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg