Author Topic: German Tiger I and Tiger II tank ideas and inspiration  (Read 41624 times)

Offline dy031101

• Yuri Fanboy and making cute stuff practical- at least that's the plan anyway
  • Prefers Guns And Tanks Over Swords And Magic
Re: German Tiger I and Tiger II tank ideas and inspiration
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2021, 04:43:26 AM »
The barrel is going to make up about a third of total gun weight - so ~395 kg out of the L7's total weight of 1,282 kg. Having a 30 kg bore evacuator support 13 times its own weight is a big ask  :o

Thanks for the info.  :smiley:

I need to think harder then *Banging Head*
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?

Offline Story

• Nicht mein Zirkus, nicht meine Affen...
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2021, 10:30:03 AM »
Pin image: Can't see it - Denied access.

I seriously think someone in their marketing department envisioned an alternate history, cause it was a theme

So if Rommel *did* take Cairo after El Alamein and Port Said was open for reinforcements, what would the 1944 drive on Baghdad look like?

« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 10:33:27 AM by Story »

Offline Mig Eater

• Munch, Munch, Munch
    • Mig Eater Studio
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2021, 02:44:53 PM »
If the you thought the Grille 17 was big how about the 30.5 cm schwerer Granatenwerfer & 42 cm schwerer Granatenwerfer super heavy mortars designed by Škoda on the base of the Tiger II.

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2023, 11:35:02 AM »
In 1947 Sweden received a ("Porsche") KingTiger tank, hey quickly broke it in testing & blew it up - only the gun was saved.

What if they sold it to Finland (who also got others) & were used in battle against a Russian cold-war offensive ?  Finish KingTiger vs Russian KingTiger & one Maus ?

Bovington's early ("Porsche") KingTiger is now in Sweden's museum on loan.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 11:36:44 AM by raafif »

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2024, 07:07:37 AM »
an interesting modern take on the Porsche Tiger 1 / Elephant chassis.